Chapter 13 - Family Reunions and Dresses

Marinette's POV: (One week before the coronation - I know huge time skip)

Over the next few weeks before the coronation everyone kind of just had fun and did their own thing. Some days we went exploring and others we just had fun in the pool. As the coronation day came closer I started going to more fittings for my dress. Me, Nino and Chloe went out early one morning to get our final fitting done. 

"Hi Princess, are you excited for next week. The day is getting closer and closer!" my handmaiden Claire said excitedly as I entered the room.
"Yes, I can't wait to be Empress but I'm also nervous for how my class will react" I said as I went into a changing room to put on my robe.
"Are kidding me, they are going to be ecstatic that they know a real life royal!" Nino screamed from behind the curtain.
"Yeah, and I can't wait for their reactions to us being friends..." Chloe stated smirking as I walked out in my rose gold robe with PRINCESS written on the back in white cursive.
"Yeah, I do hope they react that way but how will Adrien react to me becoming Empress of China," I said nervously.
"I mean, you kept your identities a secret until now, and if he hates you, I can just shoot him!" Chloe said smiling.
"CHLOE! I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU SHOOT MY FUTURE HUSBAND!" I yelled at her while laughing because I knew she was joking.
"Fine, fine, but you know if he hurts you we're gonna kill him" Chloe said flipping a knife in her hand. I gave her a look of 'No you're not' as she gave me a look back saying 'yes I am'.
"Girls, doesn't someone here have to get their dress fitted?" Nino interrupted our wordless conversation.
"Fine, but this conversation isn't over" I said walking into a bigger room that I would try my dress on in. Nino and Chloe followed and I finally saw the man in charge of designing my coronation dress.

"Gabriel Agreste, I'm so happy you're finally here. I know it has been hard doing fittings with you not actually here but now we can discuss final fitting alterations," I said giving Gabriel a hug. Gabriel and his wife Emilie are my Godparents. Well, Emilie WAS my godmother. I never got to meet Adrien until he started school in Paris. Me and Gabriel decided not to tell him about my royal life or his parents being my godparents just for his safety. Especially after his mothers disappearance.
"It is a pleasure Princess, I'm so glad to see you again" Gabriel said breaking the hug.
"Gabriel, you're my godfather, you know you don't have to call me that," I said looking at him with my arms crossed.
"I know but soon you will be Empress and I can't call you a little princess anymore," Gabriel said as I stood up on the step stool. Since Emilie and Gabriel never had a daughter they always treated me and Chloe like we're their own children. And since Nino is like a brother to me he's like another son to them as well. That's why when I found out Adrien was first starting school I told Miss Bustier to put him next to Nino.
"Fine, but remember when around the class to just call me Marinette since they don't know yet." I said as I started stepping into the dress that one of the ladies we're helping me with.
"My lips are sealed, now onto the final alterations" Gabriel said as we started doing up the gown. After about 1 and 1/2 hours we were completely done with alterations and my dress was ready and absolutely breath taking. 

"You look gorgeous darling!" a voice said behind me

"You look gorgeous darling!" a voice said behind me. I turned around and saw my parents standing there.
"MUM! DAD! I missed you so so much" I said as I picked up the dress and stepped down off the stool carefully (with the help of Nino, Chloe and Gabriel of course) and pulled my parents into a big hug.
"Oh how we've missed you pumpkin" My father who everyone just calls King said as he pulled away with my mum Bridgette Cheng.
"Look how much you have grown, oh I've missed you so much" My mother said as she pulled away slightly after my father.
"So have you two," my father said looking over towards Chloe and Nino.

"Well, how about we all go have some lunch, yes? We have something important to discuss" my mother said walking out to tell the chiefs to start cooking. She seemed worried.
"Only AFTER we get the dress off you, we don't want to ruin it now, right?" Gabriel said as I stepped back on the stool.
"Yes," I said as some ladies helped me back into my robe.

(A/N - Gabriel does not know of their miraculous identities since he's not apart of the royal family)