Chapter 19 - The Wedding Begins

Marinette's POV:

I stand outside as I hear the commotion in the chapel die down as the ceremony is about to begin. My father pulls my red veil over my head so nobody can see my face for the moment. The music starts and the door opens.

Adrien's POV:

We all sat down in the chapel. I guess Mari isn't coming because we only had enough seats for everyone who was here with us...

Wait... where is Nino?... and Chloe?...

I was pulled from these thoughts as I saw Felix walking up to stand at the alter. He looked sad. No wonder... since this marriage is arranged. He looks towards the crowd seated on the other side of the aisle. I look over to where he's looking.

Kagami?

Since people are still being seated I get up and walk over to her. She sees me as I walk over.
"Hey Kagami. What are you doing here?" I ask. Shouldn't she be in Paris?
"Well, considering my mother is a wealthy Chinese woman who up until a few years ago lived here... we were invited to the wedding and coronation," She replied.

Oh? That makes sense...

"Well I'm going to go sit down since this is about to start," I said about to head back to my seat.
"Adrien?" Kagami said before I could go. I turned back around to her.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"If you need someone to talk to after today... I'm here for you," She said sadly. What did she mean by that?
"Um... ok? Well... I need to get to my seat. We can talk more afterwards," I say before heading back to my seat hearing a soft bye from her as I left. 

We all sat down a few rows from the front in which was filled with who I could only assume was the Princess' family... the Royal Family. The Chinese Royal Family was sitting right in front of us. I could see the queen, the lady and lord in waiting, all different dukes and dutchess' and...

Why are Mari's parents sitting over there next to the queen?  Why would Mari's parents even be here? I mean... they don't have any fame or royal status... do they? I'm so confused...

What made me even more confused was when I saw Nino walked up and started talking to Felix... I didn't even know he knew Felix...What is going on?
My thoughts were all interrupted as the music began to play and everyone turned towards the double doors at the back of the room.

I guess the wedding is starting...

(A/N - It's all about to go down people!!!)