Chapter 17 - A Traitor?

Marinette's POV:

My alarm started blaring and I sat up still tired. What's going on where am I? Oh, it's my old bedroom in the palace. I forgot I slept here, wait... why am I here again?

That's right... It's the wedding today...

I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom quickly before grabbing some food from my bedroom kitchen. Yes, I have a kitchen in my bedroom at the palace as well...

 Yes, I have a kitchen in my bedroom at the palace as well

I can't stop thinking about the conversation I heard the day after my Father told me about some law that I must marry to take the thrown as Empress

Flashback To The Day After 'The Engagement':

I was in the royal library studying up on the old laws of China and trying to figure out if there was any way that my Father had been miss informed about this whole marriage thing... My mind started going over everything that happened yesterday...

I can't believe I must marry to become Empress... I'd never heard of that law... I guess it was forgotten... It says in this book that the last time there was an Empress and no Emperor was... 500 hundred years ago... the husband helped take on responsibilities and although he couldn't be Emperor (as then he would over-rule the title of Empress) he was crowned King which is considered the next role down from Empress so if something had happened he would be next in charge until a new Emperor or Empress was crowned...

Suddenly there was a noise from the hallway. I hid behind a secret bookcase in the library before I heard what sounded like 2 people walking in.
"That daughter of yours is so naive my King..." a familiar voice said.
"Well... I had to find a way for someone to take the thrown with her so they can take it and hand it to me..." A voice which I knew belonged to my father replied.

Wait... my father wants to take over my thrown?... but why?... is Felix in on this too?... I thought he was my friend?... 

I got out my phone and pressed record. I'd need evidence later on. I continued to listen through the bookshelf wall. I couldn't see anything but I could still hear them.

"I couldn't believe my own father when he yielded the thrown to her to become Empress instead of me. I'm his son... I should have been the next Emperor," My father yelled angrily. Tears formed in my eyes as I realised what my father was really like.
"Well my King... I'm glad you choose my son for the role," The familiar voice said again. Amelie Graham De Vanily! "He listens to every word I say... he may be in charge of himself with that ring of his... but once he's married I'll take it from him and he'll do everything that we command... I will make him take over the thrown and hand it over to you and you'll be Emperor, just like you were meant to be," Amelie said laughing.
"And I'll divorce that stupid wife of mine and you'll be my Empress," my father said before I could hear... kissing noises... ew... I can't believe he's cheating on mum... actually... I can't believe anything he was saying...

They then seemed to have left so after sometime and I couldn't hear anything I snuck out of the library and went straight to my friend to tell them everything...

END OF FLASHBACK

Knock Knock Kock

"Who is it?" I called out shaking the thoughts out of my head. I heard the door open and I turned around and saw Felix standing there in some casual clothes. "Oh, hey," I said before turning back around continuing to eat. "Want something to eat?" I asked as he sat at a chair next to me.
"Nah, not really hungry," he replied before stealing a grape off my plate.
"HEY," I said as I see him pop it into his mouth. "Didn't you just say you weren't hungry," I mock as I looked at him annoyed.
"Sorry," he said after swallowing the grape. "How you feeling about today?" he asked looking at me worriedly.
"Not great. Today could go one of two ways... one, we succeed with our plan but then have to lock up our parents, or two, we fail and end up having to marry each other," I say thinking of the two options. 
"Is marrying me that bad?" he said smirking slightly like he used to do as a kid. I push him away by his shoulder. "I know, I know, you love Adrien and even though I look identical to him we're complete different people," I says jokingly. I glare at him.
"And the fact you're with Kagami," I state. He looks at me sadly.
"The difference is... Kagami knows the whole story, Adrien doesn't. If we do fail today and end up married, Adrien will be heartbroken," He says looking at me feeling sorry. "But honestly, with the proof you have... we shouldn't worry, I think we'll be fine and you're worrying about something that's unlikely to happen," I says before giving me a hug.
"Thank you Felix," I say letting go of our hug.
"Anyway, I'll leave you to get ready for the wedding" he says using he fingers to quote 'wedding'.
"Okay, bye," I say as he leaves my room. I take a deep breath.

It's fine... Everything's going to be fine...

I hope...

(A/N - Didn't see the traitorous father coming did you?)