Chapter 21 - A Murder?

Adrien's POV - 

From what she's said so far... I don't think she's actually getting married! YAY!

"There was one problem though," She said letting the suspense kick in. I listened intently waiting to hear this. Honestly, I want to kill the King for doing all of this and thinking about killing MY PRINCESS... HIS DAUGHTER! I decided not to think of that at the moment and listen to my princess' speech. "Someone had found out what he had done and what he was planning," she continued. 

Wait... someone knew about his plan and didn't say ANYTHING! Or did they try? This is all so confusing...

"That person was...." she said slowly "EMILIE GRAHAM DE VANILY AGRESTE"

mum?

Marinette's POV:

"That person was...." I said slowly "EMILIE GRAHAM DE VANILY AGRESTE" 

I slowly looked towards Adrien for the first time since I got up here. He had shock written all over his face. I feel horrible because it's my fault he didn't have his mum growing up. I need to set things straight.
"When I was about 10 years old Emilie found out my father and her twin sister's plan and found a loop hole. Since she was the older twin she had the power to have me marry her son Adrien instead of Felix instantly ruining their plan," I said. I took another deep breath struggling to get the words out of my mouth. 
"To stop Emilie from ruining his plan... he hired some assassins to take her out and make it look like an accident or something natural," I said not looking at Adrien not wanting to see the hurt in his eyes. 
"Obviously he couldn't let Amelie know or else she would leave him and his plan would be ruined. So he kept this part of the adjusted plan to himself," I said looking at Amelie who seemed to be crying after finding out what really happened to her twin sister.
"Luckily for everyone though... the assassins my father hired didn't want Emilie dead... so they made a cadaver body just like her put some of her blood through it so medicine would think its her and delivered the fake body to my father to give to the Agreste family," I said smirking at my father now.

"WHAT!" My father screamed. Everyone's mouths dropped open. Adrien suddenly looked at me with wide eyes. I smiled to the crowd.
"A few days before I found out I had to be married I got some intel that Mrs Agreste was possibly alive. It wasn't until 3 days ago (A/N - 2 days after finding out about the arranged marriage) that I was able to pin point a location. I took some trusted guards and got her back..." I smiled widely. Everyone gasped loudly.

"So introducing for the first time after being held captive for the last 8 years... PRINCESS EMILIE GRAHAM DE VANILY AGRESTE!!!!!" I shouted as the double doors to the side of me opened revealing Emilie Agreste. Everyone stood up shouting a screaming for joy at the fact Emilie was alive. I looked over to Adrien who stayed sat down. It's like he didn't believe what was happening was happening. I then looked over to Gabriel who had stood from his seat coming up to Emilie. He slowly bought his hand up and gently touched her cheek as if he was scared she'd disappear if he touched her too fast or hard. After a moment he engulfed her in a big hug. I rose my hands to get the crowd to settle. Adrien slowly walked up the stage to his mum. Stood for a few seconds before running up to hug her. The Agreste Family was finally together again. The whole audience awwed at the sight of the reunion. I wasn't done yet with my speech though.

"I don't want to ruin the happy moment so if you'd like you can go to another room for your reunion while I continue..." I said softly.
"Of course not, I need to hear the rest of this... even though I already know..." Emilie said as she stood hugging her family.
"Ok," I said before turning back to the lectern.

"So, I was able to bring Emilie back but due to this wedding still being a big problem we had to keep her safe until today. I feel horrible for not telling her family or friends but I wanted to make sure that if anything did go wrong today, they wouldn't be caught in the cross fire," I said looking at the Agreste's sadly... well, mainly Adrien. I then turned back to the crowd.
"That's when Emilie gave me the full story on how my father wanted me killed so he could get the throne. To keep her safe I had her stay with a friend of mine until today," I said looking down and smiling at Kagami.
"So now, I am officially calling off this arranged marriage," I finally declare. The whole audience erupts in cheers. I walk over to Felix giving him back the ring. 

"Thank You... for everything..." I say to him bringing him into a hug.
"I'm at your service anytime Princess," Felix says pulling away after a short while. I walk back over to the lectern.
"As for you father, you are charged with attempted murder, conspiring to murder and treason. You will be imprisoned until I am Empress at which point I will have the full power to give you the punishment of death. As for Amelie Graham De Vanily, since you had nothing to do with your sister's attempted murder you are only charged with conspiring to murder and treason, so you will be imprisoned until I am Empress at which point I will have the full power to give you the punishment of life in prison," Everyone was shocked at my statements. "All of this is based on the laws of China, take them away," I said. My guards finally took my father and Amelie away. A tear fell from my eye. It was finally over. I wiped my eyes before addressing the crowd again.

"Although there is no wedding, my mother did plan a beautiful reception in the Grand Hall. So I invite you all to instead of celebrating a wedding, to come and celebrate the return of Princess Emilie Graham De Vanily Agreste," I said excitedly. Everyone cheered and started to make their way out of the church to the Grand Hall. I smiled around the room of laughter and smiles before turning towards the Agreste Family.
"I understand if you'd like to spend some time alone together before coming to the reception," I said towards Emilie and Gabriel not being able to look at Adrien in the eyes.
"That would be wonderful. Would you join us as well? You are the reason I have my wife and the mother of my son back," Gabriel gestured towards a hall that led to a smaller room that they could catch up in.
"I- I wouldn't want to impose," I said looking down towards my feet.
"Please join us," Adrien whispered just loud enough for me to hear as he took my hand in his. I looked up at him for the first time. I excepted him to want me to come to yell at me, but as I looked into his eyes... all I saw was love in his eyes.
"Ok" I whispered as I followed them out to a living room sort of space a few doors down the corridor.

(A/N - I wanted to get this out as soon as possible and didn't want to give you guys a real cliff hanger from the last chapter so stayed up half the night to finish this. I hope you like it but remember this is not the end of the story. Obviously, because she still needs to be crowned Empress and stuff. Anyway, stay tuned for the next chapter soon. Not right now but maybe tomorrow or in the next couple days)