Chapter 22 - Forgiveness

Marinette's POV - 

The minute it took to walk down the hallway to one of the smaller living rooms felt like an eternity. I was scared my whole relationship with Adrien was over. It didn't look like he hated me, but that could be because he was happy his mother was alive. We finally entered the room and sat down on the large sofas. Once the door was closed Gabriel broke down giving me a huge hug. I wrapped my arms around him bringing him into the hug further.

"Thank you Marinette, for bringing my wife back to me," He said pulling away from me to embrace his wife again.
"As soon as I found out she could've been alive I did everything in my power to bring her back to you guys," I said smiling up at him. 
"Well if it wasn't for those powers of yours I'd still be being held hostage. Nice lie with the guards thing by the way," Emilie said smiling. My eyes widened looking between her and Gabriel. "Oh shoot. Did these guys not know?" She suddenly realised covering her mouth. Adrien and Gabriel looked confused, until Adrien realised what she meant.
"Adrien knew my identity but Gabriel didn't yet. But since two of the Agreste's already know... may as well make it the whole family," I said deciding since Adrien and his mother knew my alter ego his father may as well know too.
"Firstly what does she mean by that and secondly, are you sure you want to reveal what I think you're about to reveal?" Adrien suddenly said speaking up for the first time.
"Yes, he's your father, my whole family knows my identity and I want your whole family to know too," I said calmly. He looked shocked at the fact my family knew my identity. 

"I didn't bring any guards to save your wife. I didn't need them," I said turning my attention towards Gabriel. He continued to look confused.
"What do you mean by that?" He asked.
"I'm Ladybug. I used my powers to save Emilie. No one in the palace knew she was alive until just now," I said. Gabriel's eyes widened. He looked towards Adrien realising he knew my identity. There was a weird look on his face.
"And you knew she was Ladybug?" he asked Adrien.
"Well, yeah, I'm also Chat Noir so," Adrien revealed. The weird look on Gabriel's face grew more. It looked like, guilt?

"Anyway, because of the threats I couldn't have anyone in the palace know she was back. And I didn't want to involve you guys so, Emilie has been staying with Kagami the last couple of days," I continued to say.
"Wait, Kagami knew about my mum?" Adrien asked.
"She didn't have any known relationship to me and I knew I could trust her in looking after your mother until today," I tried to explain scared he'd hate me for this too.

"I couldn't tell either of you any of this because if my father figured out my plan he could have killed you," I started to cry out.
"Hey hey hey. I know why you couldn't tell me. I don't blame you for any of this," Adrien said trying to calm me down.
"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you and I'm sorry I broke up with you but my father could have killed you if I had stayed with you and I didn't want to lose you but I'm scared I did that anyway and I don't want that so please don't hate me," I rambled on and on until I was out of breath.
"HEY!" Adrien suddenly shouted so I would listen to him. I went quiet and waited for him to yell at me.
"I don't hate you. I get why you did everything. I'm just glad you broke up with me because of this and not that you don't love me anymore. Unless that was another reason and you don't want to get back together," Adrien started calmly until freaking out realising I might not like him anymore. 

Wow this boy is stupid... but I love him anyway.

"No no no. I... I still want to be with you," I said blushing at his words.
"Well, then can you take me back?" He asked. I slowly started to nod my head.
"Yes. Yes I'll take you back," I said nodding my head vigorously pulling him into a tight hug.
"Awwwwww" Emilie suddenly sighed out. Me and Adrien suddenly pulled apart. We blushed at the fact we kind of forgot his parents were there and said all those things in front of them. "Well, the party out there is in my honour so let's go celebrate!" Emilie shouted excitedly. I'm so glad she changed the subject. 

"Actually, can I talk to Mari privately first. We'll meet you guys out there," Gabriel said. I was a bit shocked wondering what he wanted to talk about. We waited until Adrien and his mother left.
"You wanted to speak with me?" I asked turning towards Gabriel.
"Firstly, I want to thank you again for saving my wife. If I had known she was alive I would have tried to save her myself. So thank you," Gabriel said thankfully.
"There was less then a 1% chance she was alive but I would have done everything I could to find out the truth and save her," I said knowing it was true. I knew there was a next to no chance considering there was apparently a body but, something felt off and I had to figure out what it was.
"Also, I want to give you these," He said taking out some broches from his pocket.

At first they looked like any ordinary broches, until I realised...

...they were the Miraculous of the Butterfly and the Peacock!

"W-where did you.... you were Hawkmoth?" I ask suddenly realising the truth.

(A/N - Adrienette is back but will they forgive Gabriel for all he did as Hawkmoth? Only I know, until the next chapter comes out... hahaha)