These Are My Nice Jeans

I jog down the stairs and into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water and I glance at mom passed out on the couch again. Grabbing my keys, I lock my door and start putting them in my bag when a car horn honks obnoxiously. I snap my head up just as Jack gets out of his car, leaning against it with his arms resting on the door. He wears an easy grin and I let out a breath I hadn't noticed I was holding. I throw my bag back over my shoulder and walk down the path to meet him.
"What're you doing here?" I ask.
"Giving you a ride, what does it look like." He chuckles.
"Yeah, now that he doesn't have some slut hanging off him we're worth his precious fucking time now." Bernadette scoffs and I smirk a little. There's her true personality.
"Alrighty then." I sigh and slide into the passenger seat next to Jack as Bernadette texts in the back.
"Why do you talk to my sister? Her personality is horrible, and yours is amazing." He says and I chuckle.
"Not really." I sigh, looking out the window. "Will you stop trying to hit on her? It's disgusting." Bernadette growls, making me smirk.
We pull into school and I jump out before the car even stops moving. I chuckle at their reactions and slam the door closed. "Gotta get to class, I didn't finish some of the homework." I tell them before walking away. I take a deep breath, shaking my head and pulling my hat down when I run smack into someone, stumbling back.
"Watch it will you?" I shoot out of nervousness before walking around and hurrying into school, sauntering in like I owned the place.

- Second Period
"I don't care what the excuse is!! Everyone knew you had gym today!! So when I call your name, get in your floor spot!!" Mr. Creedy shouts and blows his whistle. I groan to myself, much like everyone else. I listen as he calls names and I plant myself in my spot, setting my bag in my lap and leaning back. "Looks like we have gym together again, Emo Pig." Megan shoots as she sways her hips past me, making me smirk as everyone else looks to see what happens. "Looks like I have to give you a lesson on safe sex STD Infection." I shoot back over my shoulder and she screeches but says no more and the people in gym snicker as I try and hide the nerves practically bouncing off me. "Alright!!" Mr. Creedy shouts, blowing his whistle.
"I'm going to be nice, so listen up!" This is a first, he's never usually nice. "I'm going to allow you to pick your own partners!!! You'll be paired up for the rest of the year so make sure you like 'em!!" He shouts before blowing his whistle. I watch as people jump out of their seats and glue themselves to their friends.
"Come up and tell me your partner!!" Mr. Creedy demands and I look around, hoping I'm the only one left. Life couldn't have been that easy could it? I take a small breath in before jumping up and sauntering over to the boy in the back of the first row. "Hey." I offer casually, though I'm pretty sure I was freaking out on the inside.
"Looks like we're partners, so let's go let Creedy know." I point over my shoulder with my thumb. I could feel the girls snickering and the boys mumbling.
I know exactly who this boy is, he's Jasper Cullen, one of the shinny toys that moved to forks last year. He lifts his head to look at me and I felt uncomfortable with how stiff he is.
"Or not." I nod and spin around, holding my head high as I walk to Creedy.
"Who's your partner Robinson."
"Cullen." I respond and he scribbled it down before blowing the whistle in my ear. "Alright!!! Everyone pair up for stretches!!!!"
"But these are my good jeans!!" Megan whines.
"Then you'll put them to good use!!" Creedy shouts back, making me smirk.
It falls, however, when I realize I have to go back over to Jasper. I make my way over casually and sit a safe distance away but you could still tell we're partners.
I glance to him and he sits with a back that looks inflexible and his arms strong, resting on his knees. Sitting on the floor looked awkward for him, beneath him even. It makes me feel pretty small. "Alright!! Now I want you to face your partner!!" Creedy shouts and I look to Jasper who seemingly tenses up even more, which I didn't even know that was possible. He swivels towards me and I stare at my jeans.
"Now, you're going to get in the sit and reach position while your feet are touching your partners feet!" Again, with much hesitance, our feet connect. My feet look like kids feet compared to his. Well, I am only size six.
"Now you're going to grab your partner's hands and one will pull their partner to stretch them out!!! When I blow my whistle, switch!!!" He shouts and I feel my nerves sky rocket. I don't like touching people. i look to Jasper and his face contorts, as if in pain.
I offer one of my hands first, figuring I can just do this faster so I can leave faster. He looks at my hand for a while but I don't move, feeling more and more stupid by the second. He glances into my eyes before reaching for my hand. Our pointer fingers touch first, and instead of recoiling at the coldness of his hand, I clench my jaw and keep myself from flinching. He looks up at me again, but this time he doesn't look away. He slides his hand into mine fully and offers his other. I slide my hand over his cool skin before he wraps his fingers around my hand. Goosebumps littered my skin, it felt as if someone was rubbing an ice cube down my back. I watch as the painful expression doesn't leave his face, as he pulls my torso towards him and leans back. "Farther." I mumble and he pulls me a little more. "Farther." I repeat and he pulls me farther to where I could start to feel something.
"Farther." I say under my breath and he complies, pulling me steadily towards him, my thighs stretching nicely.
I look away from his eyes so I can stretch more, he stops pulling.
"Keep going." I instruct but he doesn't, if anything, he lets me go a little. I look up at him and I was a little shocked to see the painful expression had disappeared. "I-Is everything okay...?" I mumble quietly, looking to the other groups to see them whispering about us. Maybe he heard them say something? Or... "Yes." He speaks and I look back to him.
"Everything's fine now." He says in a calming voice, in a rumbly timber. I nod a little, looking to the floor and back up at him. "Are you going to pull or what? This is getting weird." I shoot in a quick, cocky tone, hiding the embarrassment and nervousness.
"Tell me when to stop." He says and I nod, facing my head towards the ground as he pulls softly, as if he'd break me if he pulled too hard. It got to the point where my forehead was to the floor and my ears were at my ankles when I decided I couldn't stretch any more. "Stop." I breathe and he stops pulling, holding me there.
Creedy blows his whistle and Jasper slowly lets me up, as to not stun my muscles. "What's your name." He asks, but it was spoken instead of questioned. "Robinson." I reply with my last name, pulling him towards me.
"Xanthia Robinson, but everyone I know calls me Thea." I inform him. He says no more and I stop pulling when he stops moving.