Confessions

I sit close to Jasper in Rosalie's car as she speeds away, our knees touching but no one saying anything. I could only focus on everything running through me one after the other after the other, and before I knew it, we pulled into their garage and Alice, Rosalie, Emmett, and Edward all flee the scene. "I brought you here because I have something to tell you." Jasper says and for the first time since I've gotten in this car, I look to him, and for the first time ever, he doesn't look back. He slides out of the car and I follow silently, allowing him to lead me into the living room. I sit on the couch and watch as he walks to the windows, hands in his pockets as he faces me, looking me square in the eye.
"I've been lying to you, to everyone, about who I am.... who we are." He starts and I feel my heart race. I don't like lies. "I am not even close to who you think I am... You've fallen in love with a sixteen year old human boy, who was adopted with his twin sister." he pauses. "That is all a lie." He says and I look down at my hands and hear his shoes on the floor as he walks closer so I can just see the tips of his shoes.
"My name is Jasper Whitlock... I am nineteen years old, and of no relations to anyone in this family." He says and I feel my face contort into confusion.
"W-What do you mean-" I cut myself off, not knowing what to ask. He walks closer and crouches down, his arms on his knees so he can look me in the eye.
"I am actually a lot older than 19... 157, to be exact." He whispers and me eyes turn angry and confused.
"This isn't funny, don't do that to me." I shake my head no but he smiles such a sad smile that he couldn't possibly have been lying. "I am the vary being that you believed since you were little to be a fictional villain... I am immortal, Xanthia. Us Cullen's... we're Vampires." He says softly and my blood runs cold and I no doubt look five shades paler from fear.
"Y-You... w-what do you..." I start to ask but my hands shake, I'm too scared to ask. "We feed off of animals... I am the one in the family with the most slip ups. The diet is the hardest for me." He admits and my heart races faster, the fear almost being as strong as my other emotion for him. I look into his eyes before at him mouth. He opens it and I watch his fangs protrude, my heart beating so fast I feel myself growing dizzy. "You can leave... You can walk out, and never talk to us again. We'll even leave Forks if you want." He concludes all on his own. Taking a deep breath, I reach out a shaking hand, resting it against his cold face before moving it towards his mouth and I run my thumb across one of his... his fangs.
Pulling away, I could feel the tears gather in my eyes as I sink to the floor on my knees before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling my shaking body to his, tears rolling down my face and onto his shoulder.
"Why are you doing this to yourself, you're scared." He says and tries pulling away but I clutch onto his as tightly as my body would allow.
"I'm terrified." My voice cracks and shakes from the tears and I shake my head into his shoulder.
"But I can't let you go." I breathe out and feel him relax and his hands slowly spread across my back before his arms engulf me and he lifts us up so we're standing up.
"I've waited so long to meet you, Miss Xanthia." he whispers into my ears, making me cry even more and hug him even tighter.

"So does this mean we can stay?" Alice's voice asks and I pull away, turning my back to their voices as I sniffle and wipe my eyes, nodding.
"Y-Yeah of course... I couldn't kick you out of Forks." I say with a stuffy voice and hear Alice squeal before I'm engulfed into her hug, so I hug her back. "Damn right you couldn't." Rosalie mumbles, making me smile to the floor. "I'm surprised you stayed. I was sure you were going to run off." Edward says and I watch Jasper take a step towards him in warning.
"N-No, it's okay... I'm kinda surprised myself." I chuckle awkwardly, making them all smile when a man and a woman enter the house. Mr. and Mrs. Cullen. "Hello, Thea. Nice to see you again." Dr. Carlisle greets.
"Hello Dr. Carlisle." I nod respectfully.
"Just Carlisle is fine, and you remember my wife, Esme." He smiles and motions to the woman who smiles brightly. "Of course." I smile back, growing more and more nervous.
"Jasper just gave her the run down by the way." Emmett grins and I look to him as Alice laughs at his blunt nature and Carlisle and Esme take a minute to collect their thoughts.
"Well, we knew it was coming." Carlisle smiles a more relaxed smile.
"May I have a word with Thea?" Carlisle asks the room and they all oblige, some more hesitantly than others. "Please, have a seat." He motions and I do so on the couch and he sits next to me.
"I am glad Jasper has found someone. Out of all of us... he deserves it the most." Carlisle begins as I stare at my knees. "However, there will be obstacles, and there's no way it'll ever be a normal, human relationship." He recaps with me. I had already figured that much, I'm sure there's more to being a-a Vampire then immortality.
"And along with those obstacles, there are also rules among us." He says and I look up to him. What kind of rules... like no contact in front of people rules?
"There are higher forces that have created laws and those laws forbid us from revealing ourselves to the humans, to you. Remaining by Jasper's side as you are, we are all taking a risk. Those are just some things you need to be aware of." Mr. Carlisle informs me and I nod, thinking it over for a while.
"On the flip side of that." He begins again and I look to his smiling face, he's like my dad in this case, always smiling. "We are a family, and we protect our family." Mr. Carlisle assures me and I smile a little, my throat closing up as I look to the floor, my arms resting on my knees now.
"A family." I mumble. "I haven't had one of those for a while." I smile to myself and feel Carlisle's fatherly hand on my back, making the tears start up again. "I-I'm sorry it's just... It's a lot." I chuckle and he remains silent, understanding that I need this.
"We're your family now, Thea."