Just Give Me Some Space

"Hey, where were you at lunch?" Jace asks, jogging up to my locker and I shoot Jasper a quick glance who was at his locker as well, and then turning to Jace. "Ah, in the library, found a really good book the other day, and Bernadette isn't here today so..."
"You could've sat with me, who wants to read books their free period." He chuckles. "I do, I really like reading." I defend myself. "Hey, well let's give you a ride, we could grab something to eat."
"It's fine, I should go home right after school, Mom's cracking down." I chuckle and he sighs.
"Okay... but I'm picking you up tomorrow for sure."
"... That's fine. See you tomorrow."
"Bye." He grins and jogs off and I sigh, slamming my locker shut.
"You should just tell him."
"Excuse me?" I question, looking over to Jasper who smiles at me, leaning against his locker.
"Tell him you're not interested." He says but the tone of his voice isn't offensive, it's just genuine advice.
"I can't. He's Bernadette's older brother." I breathe out. "Later, see you Tuesday." I grumble out.
"Good bye, Thea." He says formally and I bite my lip as to not smile and I nod a little before running out to catch my bus.

~ Saturday

I groan loudly, slamming my fist onto the alarm clock and I slump out of my bed and was about to fall back asleep on my floor but I hear a noise downstairs and I shoot up. I open my door quickly and peak my head out, hearing the sound of ice against a glass. Closing the door silently once more, I turn off my alarm clock and take a deep breath before getting dressed and grabbing a bag, throwing some stuff in it before opening my window and climbing out, onto the roof. I close my window again and walk across the roof to the side of the house and lowering myself to the ground by the gutter drain. I grab my motorbike and peal away from the house, I'm in the clear.
Sighing, I rev the engine, looking around aimlessly. I didn't plan on leaving the house this early so I have about an hour, hour and a half to kill.
I could always just go to the arcade- scratch that, it's not open yet. The hell am I gonna do? My internship doesn't start for another two hours.
Grinding to a stop, I relax as I watch traffic slug onward to their destinations. "Thea?" I hear and tense up, cursing the world for my bad luck.
"Hey Jace." I say awkwardly, looking into the car window as he rolls it down.
"What're you doing out so early?"
"Right back at you." I reply.
"Where are you heading?." He says, looking at the other cars just as its my signal to cross.
"Work, bye Jace!" I say quickly and pedal away with both hands firmly gripping the handlebars. I look back and breath out in relief to see no sights of Jace's car. Slowing down, I ride farther and farther away from the houses and onto the highway, a car or two passing by to get through Forks.
I was just meandering along when a buck jumps out of no where. "Jesus-!!" I shout, trying to get control of my bike but I end up falling and skidding along the pavement as I watch a semi plow right into the buck, guts and blood splattering everywhere as the semi tries to come to a halt. "Oh my g-god." I stutter out, turning my face away from it but there was blood splattered on my clothes and the smell is strong in my nose. I feel myself start to shake and the pain in my leg hits me all at once. I groan in pain but sounds like a gurgle between a scream, a sob, and a plea. I try and I pin myself without looking but I couldn't do it, and I refused to open my eyes. "Xanthia!?" I hear and shake some more. "Xanthia!! Oh my god, you're bleeding, uhh, we're gonna get you out of here okay?" Alice's voice rings. "The hell happened!?!" Rosalie's voice floods in my ear but I was too scared to open my eyes, I didn't want to see the blood on my clothes or the guys on the street. I feel the motorbike being lifted off of me and I shout in pain, finally opening my eyes to see that the pavement had ripped up my jeans and skin. "Let's get her to Carlisle." Rosalie says quickly, picking me up.
"But Jasper-"
"He'll suck it up." Rosalie cuts Alice off before they rush me off the road and only a trail. "Edward!!! Emmett!!!" Alice runs off ahead and I watch the two of them come out of the house, the biggest one, Emmett, running up and taking me from Rosalie.
"I got her from here Babe." He says to her and Rosalie nods. I groan, my leg throbbing as Emmett carries me into the house. "Xanthia?" I hear a familiar voice and I lock eyes with Jasper for only a moment before I'm carried up another flight of stairs and into an office where a man was already preparing medical supplies.
"Lay her down, thank you Emmett." He says and I watch as Emmett leaves and left with the man who I can only assume is Mr. Cullen.
"I'm Carlisle, could you tell me what happened, and your name?"
"I-I'm Xanthia Robertson, a-and I was driving south when a buck ran onto the street-" I cut myself off with a groan as he peals the denim off my bloodied leg.
"I swerved out of the way and got pinned after skidding on the pavement and then a semi hit the b-buck." I say, my breathing still all over the place.
"I am a licensed medical doctor, here's my license." He says and I push it away. "I know." I groan. I've seen him around the hospital when I've had to pick up my mother.
"I'm going to give you a sedative, so I can clean the wound. You won't feel a thing." He says and I nod, feeling a needle pierce my skin. I close my eyes shut and let the pain wash away in the darkness.
I just can't get a brake.