Fights And New Developments

This is the first day in a long time that I will go to school and not have anyone to say good morning to. It makes me nervous. Going on the bus? No way, I'm walking to school. Even if she gets a ride with Jace, I'm not risking it.
Taking a deep breath, I check my phone for the time before continuing on the sidewalk. I make sure my shirt's still tucked in before unbuttoning the wrists and rolling up the sleeves to my elbows. Sighing at the constant gloomy weather, I stick my hands in my jean pockets, stopping at the corner as cars cut off my path.
"Xanthia?" I hear, scaring me and making me woo around to see Jasper poke his head out of the window.
"Y-Yes?" I stutter out, my heart racing with an embarrassment with no origin.
"I thought you take the bus?" He asks, looking to see the light's still red.
"I-I do but... so does Bernadette." I mumble and watch as he speaks with the others in the car before opening the door and hopping out.
"We'll give you a ride." He says and my eyes widen. "N-No it's f-"
"You're holding up traffic!!" Rosalie shouts from the driver's seat and I bite my lip so I don't laugh and nod as cars honk. I slide into the car and Jasper follows suit, Rosalie driving off before he could even close the door, making my heart jump into my throat.
I look to Alice who grins ate and I smile back. "Thank you for driving me." I say and look to Rosalie and Emmett as well. "No problem!!! Rosalie really likes you anyway, she just doesn't know it yet." Alice says.
"Alice!!" Rosalie warns and I chuckle a little, earning a glare from her and a laugh from Emmett. I look to Jasper who was just smiling at me but I look away quickly, looking down at my lap. I look up through the windshield and try and avert my attention from Jasper, however difficult that is.
"What's your favorite color?" Alice asks me and I look to her.
"And type of weather. Gotta know that one." She giggles and I chuckle a little, I've never met anyone as strange as her before. "Grey, I like grey." I nod.
"Not even silver?" Rosalie judges, making me smile. "No, just grey."
"Why grey?" Jasper asks and I look to him before back at my lap.
"L-Like the clouds... As much as I complain about it, I love the rain." I smile. "No one else I know likes the rain..." Alice mumbles, making my smile turns melancholy.
"It's not really a story for first thing in the morning." I chuckle.
"Now you have to tell us." Rosalie decides for me and I see Jasper shoot her a warning look. I glance between the two for a moment before back at Alice. "My uh... my dad used to always play with me in the rain." I smile at my lap. "He passed away on one of the few sunny days we have here so... I don't associate well with sunny days." I reply.
"That's really depressing." Emmett blurts out and Rosalie hits him but I couldn't help but laugh, confusing everyone, but that's exactly what my dad would have said.
"Yeah. Yeah it is." I chuckle as we pull up to school. "Thank you again." I say to them as Jasper opens the door and steps out. I thank him, throwing my bag over my shoulder as I look into his eyes and as if glued to the spot, a freight train couldn't have moved me.
Snapping out of it with the sound of a car horn, I tear my eyes away from his and shake my head a little. I go to say I'll see him around, but I don't because I'm not sure if I should. Closing my mouth again, I start walking off awkwardly. "Xanthia!" He calls after me and I spin around, my heart fluttering when he smiles.
"Good mornin'." He tips his head and there was no preventing the wild smile that engulfed my face. I nod before turning around and carrying on to first period.
"Not even a whole day and you're already getting rides with them!? I knew you were a bitch but I didn't know you were a slut too." Bernadette's voice floods my ears, and as if she were a stranger, the nervous confidence builds itself a mile high.
"Me? A slut? That's rich coming from the Megan in Training." I smirk regretfully, feeling a guilty sort of power at the sight of her hurt expression, but the anxiety spikes, therefor amplifying the asshole confidence. "I don't know why you're pretending to be the victim. All you've ever done is insult me and take me for granted. Now you don't get what you want? Tough shit Bernadette, it's time you snapped the hell out of your little bubble." I continue, feeling bigger and bigger as more hurtful and insulting words poor from my mouth.
"I hate you." Is all she can utter.
"You made that vary clear yesterday." I spit back, my voice wavering and her eyes widening when she realizes just how much she's hurt me too.
"Don't talk to me again... Find someone else to put up with your shit." I finalize the breakup before walking on, feeling a thousand pounds lighter but two thousand pounds more alone.

I jump out of my seat, walking out of my last class of the day and make my way to my locker, going through my bag for my phone. Looking up, I see Jasper leaning against our lockers and stop mid stride, people bumping past me but all I could do was stare as the air left my lungs with the people passing me. He hadn't noticed me yet, and he was talking with Edward and Emmett, a tense smile on his face and his body looking rigid. The fluorescence made his skin practically glow and you could see every muscle under his shirt and on his arms. His hair grew a little and was starting to go wavy instead of the tight curls he had when his hair was shorter. His eyes are a magnificent golden color today and he looked... he looked perfect, and every fiber of my being broke free.
I don't hate this boy. I don't blame him for my fall out with Bernadette. I can't live with the thought of never seeing him or talking to him again. In a weird way, it makes sense to me. All those days I was sick, the days I felt like dying, it was because I was apart from him. He is the reason I've been smiling and crying and the reason I get angry and jealous and happy and sad. It's been him for a while now, and I'm only just realizing it. How stupid could I be?
"I..." I mumble the rest under my breath, and as if he heard me, his smile drops and his head whips over to me as my knees grow weak and I start falling but he runs over and catches me by my arms. "Say it again." He whispers, looking to my lips and then back into my eyes, his own looking so deep and serious, I felt like he could break me.
"I love you." I repeat louder, clutching onto his solid, freezing arms.