So Much For That Plan

I woke up to nothing in particular. I knew exactly what happened and I remembered where I am. No one was in the room and nothing looked much different then when I had first gotten here.
Sitting up, I look down to my leg to see one of my favorite pairs of pants, ruined. It's cut up to the middle of my thigh and the rest of my leg is bandaged all the way down. I look to my shoes theatre by the door to see blood stains on them. I look down to my sock and the one on my battered leg is crusty with blood on it. I take a deep breath and close my eyes before taking off my hat and hoodie. I cast them aside and fix my bangs and my short hair, not knowing what else to do.
A knock sounds on the door and I look up just as a curly mass of blonde hair walks in with an easiness that made my heart jump. I watch as he leans against the door and we just stare at each other for a while. "How're you feeling." He asks after a while and I look down at my leg, taking another deep breath.
"I'm feeling..." I trail off, not yet deciding on what I'm going to say.
"Like I need a new pair of biker jeans." I sum up with a nod before picking my head up and smirking at him.
"You don't have to pretend with me." He says and my smirk melts away before I even realized I was upset. I look back down at my blood crusted sock and shudder at the image of that buck. "The buck, it... it was everywhere." I whisper pathetically, my hair covering my face. I just want to hide in my hat, but it's across the room.
I take another shaky deep breath and I realized that it was because I'm trying not to break down. I squeeze my eyes closed before hearing shuffling and then it stops. I tense a bit when I feel something slide onto my head. I let my eyes flutter open and I move my hands to my head, feeling the fabric of my hat. I take a deep breath in as I draw my u injured leg to my chest and rest my forehead against my knee, keeping my hands on my hat. I sit in silence, not letting Jasper see the uneasiness on my face, but I'm sure he could hear the sporadic breaths leaving me and the wild, irregular beating of my heart.
"M-My Dad..." I trail off uneasily, squeezing my eyes shut a little more.
"He was hit by a truck when I was little." I shake my head a little, not wanting to think about it.
"How little." He asks and I snort a little. Most people just say they're sorry. "I was seven." I reply softly, taking a deep breath. I take one more before lifting my head to look at him.
"And your mother?" He asks and I feel a stab to my gut. "Ah, she's great." I lie, nodding. "She doesn't miss him?"
"She does! Mom, she... she misses him a lot." I nod, looking at the ground.
Mom missed Dad at first, I know she did, that's... that's why she started drinking. Now? Now I think she drinks cause she can't stop.
"She's better now though, she-" I cut myself off, I can't lie to him, not like this. "She's... she's not fine." I breathe out, laying back and throwing an arm over my eyes.
"I shouldn't be saying stuff like this." I chuckle, sniffling and sitting up, sliding off of the table. "Don't-" Jasper starts but it was too late, I already start tumbling towards the ground. I feel his arms hold me up and I look up into his eyes. I stay there for a second too long before pushing myself away from him and turning my back, putting all of my weight on my other leg. I let a breath loose and wipe my face.
"I should thank your Dad... and I need to get going." I nod, convincing myself to leave. "I'll go get him for you. He has to talk to you about your injury." He says soothingly and I nod, leaning against the table. "Yeah, yeah thanks." I mutter, clearing my throat. I hear the door after a while and I let out a breath I hadn't known I was holding. Hat was close.