001

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter one: best friends with idiots !

chapter one:
best friends with idiots !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

THE FIRST THING people usually notice about Violetta Chase is her name.

Not because of the meaning — it literally meant purple — but because Violetta isn't exactly the most common name — at least, not in Salt Lake City, Utah, where she's from. However, she wasn't the only one with uncommon name, because her best friend, Athena Blake, was literally named after a Greek Goddess.

Okay, listen. Violetta loved Athena to death. They've been best friends for as long as Violetta can remember, which is why she can so lovingly say with the upmost confidence that the girl was incredibly stupid.

See, Athena was in love with her and Violetta's other best friend, Ricky Bowen. Ricky was in love with Athena as well. Neither of them told each other anything about their feelings despite being so close and touchy-feely. And then — oh, get this — Ricky goes off to date Nini Salazar-Roberts, while he still loved Athena but didn't want to say anything, and Athena was left watching from the sidelines, while she still loved Ricky but didn't want to say anything.

And what was Violetta doing? Slamming her head against the wall repeatedly because of it.

But this story isn't about Ricky and Athena. They've gone through their own ups and downs. Violetta Chase, on the other hand . . . well, let's just say that she had no idea what was coming for her.

This story begins on the very first day of school for Violetta's junior year. Clad in a purple (how fitting) plaid dress layered over a white short-sleeved shirt and her white Converse, she stepped off the school bus. Okay, listen — Violetta hated the school bus. However, her parents were always working (and when she says always, she means it) and she had no siblings. Lonely life . . . anyways, she could've just asked Athena's older sister, Artemis, to take her, but she decided to just suck it up for now.

The building of East High came into her view. Violetta glanced around. Students were bustling around, walking into the building or waiting for their friends outside in the mild air of a Salt Lake City September. Then she spotted one central figure — her best friend herself, standing on the sidewalk, staring up at East High. She was nervous. Violetta could tell. Shaking her head, Violetta walked up to Athena.

"Hey, 'Thena," Violetta greeted, the nickname of her best friend rolling smoothly off her tongue. She glanced around and saw that the boy with curly hair Athena was so stupidly in love with wasn't around, which was strange, because they were usually attached at the hip. "Where's lover boy?"