018

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter eighteen:gina's back !

chapter eighteen:
gina's back !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA WAS CONFUSED when she heard the National Anthem.

She was originally sitting with Athena, trying to calm the girl's nerves, but Athena had said that she wanted some peace and quiet to frantically look at her script even though she already knew the lines by heart. So, Violetta left the dressing room. However, as she walked by the doors to the gym, she heard the familiar song.

Her eyebrows knit in thought, Violetta pushed the door open and entered. The music instantly got louder, and she walked towards the wings to see what was going on. Suddenly, a disco ball dropped down from the ceiling, and multiple cast members rushed forwards to move the set for the karaoke scene to the middle of the stage.

She then looked out into the audience. Big Red was standing helplessly up on the lightboard behind the audience. Violetta let out a small laugh. Of course.

Violetta decided to stay there. She watched as Ricky and Nini absolutely killed it singing Start of Something New together. Now, they were no Ricky and Athena, but their voices blended together nicely.

"You have an amazing voice," Ricky said as Troy. "You're a singer, right?"

"Just the church choir is all," Nini replied as Gabriella. "I tried a solo and nearly fainted."

"Really? Why's that?"

"I took one look at all the people staring only at me, and the next thing I knew, I was staring at the ceiling. End of solo career." She then tapped Ricky's arm casually. "But you sounded like you've done a lot of singing."

Ricky nodded. "Oh, sure, lots. Yeah, my shower head is very impressed with me."

A presence then appeared next to Violetta. It was familiar enough to her. She didn't even have to look to see who it was, but she did anyways. EJ was next to her, a basketball under his arm (because Chad always carried around a basketball, something Violetta never understood) and his phone in his hand. Violetta slightly felt her cheeks heat up and she looked back forwards. There was an obvious tension between the two of them, but they couldn't deal with it until after the show.

"Any updates?" Violetta asked.

"Yeah," EJ answered. "She should be here soon. An Uber's taking her from the Salt Lake airport to here."