012

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter twelve:late night talks !

chapter twelve:
late night talks !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

EJ AND VIOLETTA sat in EJ's car at their usual ice cream place. Considering it was freezing outside, the two of them didn't sit at one of the tables outside like they had done after Homecoming. Violetta had her knees tucked into her chest, absentmindedly spooning some mint chocolate chip ice cream into her mouth. They hadn't said much — it seemed that what had happened at the party had made them less talkative. Who could blame them? They had just witnessed a huge family conflict with a girl who seemed like she was always as strong as steel.

Violetta could relate, she guesses. She always managed to put on this tough girl exterior through sarcasm and pushing her feelings away, but deep down underneath, nobody — except for EJ, Athena, Ricky and Big Red — really knew that those were just walls that she had built up in effort to protect herself from getting extremely hurt. It was one of things she hated to do, but in her eyes, it was necessary. She didn't want to let herself break down again.

"Do you think Gina's gonna be okay?" EJ suddenly asked.

That was the first thing that broke the silence. Violetta paused on eating her ice cream and looked over at him. His phone was shut off, courtesy of Violetta, because he had also been getting upset from all the Instagram followers he was losing from admitting all the wrong things he had done to the public. Violetta hated to admit it, but EJ looked sort of ethereal. The moonlight was shining down on him through the sunroof of his car, giving him a sort of silvery glow. It was also combined with the red neon sign of the ice cream place in front of them. The time was about eleven, and neither of them had no rush to get home — after all, Violetta would just go back to an empty house and EJ would just go back to a house with too many rooms for three people. In their own ways, they would both feel extremely isolated.

Little did Violetta know that EJ was thinking the same way about her. Out of everyone he had ever dated, including Nini, EJ truly believed that he had never connected with a more beautiful soul. Her curly hair had been lazily tied back into a messy bun, since she had claimed that she was absolutely done with it (her words, not his.) Even in the dark, EJ could see that the moonlight was reflecting in her brown eyes. EJ also knew that Violetta hated being called small or short, but she looked very small and cute as she sat curled up in his front seat.

EJ didn't know about Violetta, but to be honest, he had always sort of had his eye on her since he had seen her in the hallway walking with Athena when she was a freshman and he was a sophomore. He had never approached her, though — all because of some stupid reason, which was to keep up his jock and theater boy persona. EJ wished that things could've been different. Maybe if he had been friends with Violetta earlier she could've smacked some more sense into him like she always did, and he wouldn't find himself admitting all the things he had done wrong in his life.