008

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter eight:big red's basement !

chapter eight:
big red's basement !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"I DON'T WANT the musical to end," EJ admitted.

Violetta looked over at him from the passenger seat. The two of them had been singing songs at the top of their lungs together for almost the full duration of their car ride, where EJ had decided to take the long way home. However, when Violetta noticed she was almost home and had put on Red, EJ had suddenly gone silent. Violetta didn't really question it. Besides, they had just gotten some pretty terrible news.

She sighed. "I don't either. Sure, I've had Athena, Ricky, and Big Red my entire life, but this musical . . . it felt so much like a home."

"I just can't believe Carlos didn't tell us, either," EJ continued.

"Miss Jenn told him not to," Violetta replied as EJ slowed to a stop in front of her house. "Plus, it's not his fault. You can't blame him."

EJ let out a deep breath. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"When am I not?"

He rolled his eyes. "Okay, whatever. I just wish there was something we could do to help."

She shrugged. "Maybe there is, we just have to figure out what."

"I'll text you later?" EJ asked hopefully as Violetta unbuckled her seatbelt.

Violetta nodded with a small smile, her heart beating infuriatingly against her chest. "Yeah. Talk to you later, EJ."

She then left his car. Violetta walked up her driveway and then the sidewalk that led to her front door. Once she was at her front door, she glanced back over her shoulder. EJ was still sitting there, waiting for her to go inside. Violetta gave him a small wave with butterflies fluttering stupidly around in her stomach. She then pulled out her key and opened the door.

However, she was met with something completely unexpected. Travis and Bailey Chase, her parents, were standing there. Violetta stopped in her tracks, every muscle in her body freezing. Her parents were never home this early. They always came back late at night and left early in the morning. Violetta hadn't even caught a glimpse of them in weeks. At the sound of her, Travis looked up from a pile of mail on the counter and Bailey looked away from the pot she was stirring on the stove.