004

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter four:an ulterior motive !

chapter four:
an ulterior motive !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA ALWAYS WAS able to get a good read on people.

She could see that Athena had the kindest soul. She could tell that Ricky was hurting inside even though he tried to hide it. She could tell that EJ Caswell would risk absolutely anything, even breaking his girlfriend's trust, to make sure that her and him stayed together (which she was still so shocked that he asked her to steal her phone).

Gina Porter was definitely no exception to Violetta's readings.

That girl was incredibly ambitious. It was clear from the very beginning that she wanted the role of Gabriella. Violetta could tell that she would do anything to get even a small glimpse of Gabriella, even if she didn't have the main role or the Understudy. That meant that she would try to take out Athena first and then Nini — and there was absolutely no way that Violetta would let that happen.

At rehearsal, Violetta was currently practicing their routine for Stick to the Status Quo. Even though Gina had proposed a whole new complex duet between her and Nini, but Nini was nowhere to be found — which definitely confirmed Gina was up to something, Violetta still enjoyed dancing her heart out with her friends.

She did a cartwheel on top of the table and landed on the ground before getting on her respective seat. Her and the other dancers moved one seat to their right, got on top of that seat, and then jumped off. They all walked off to the side so Gina could have her big solo moment. There was no doubt that Gina was absolutely amazing. She crossed her arms and watched the girl in slight amazement as she did a couple turns before landing in her final pose.

"Everybody hold!" Miss Jenn exclaimed. She walked over to the door, and Violetta looked to see Nini walking into the room, clearly uncomfortable with the fact that she could see she was late. "Nini, where were you? We've been here for an hour."

Nini rushed over to her. "I'm so sorry. I — I lost my phone and basically spent last night living as a hunter-gatherer. Which, by the way, did you know there are things that are only on TV at a certain time? Okay, anyway, I finally picked it up in the lost and found and — wait, did you say an hour?"

"Gina sent you and me a text asking if we could come in early so she could talk through a new idea. You didn't get it?"

"No, because my phone was missing."