005

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter five:homecoming !

chapter five:
homecoming !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IT WAS THE day of Homecoming, and Violetta had yet to decide between the two dresses in her closet.

See, there was a simple navy blue one, but then there was a red long-sleeved one that was all sparkles. She was leaning more towards the red one because she was never simple, but she also loved the color navy blue.

This was just one huge predicament.

She also didn't have a date. Not that she needed one, but for once in her life, she would've liked to have a date to a school dance. Nevertheless, her, Athena, Ricky, and Big Red were all going as a group. She knew they would have fun. Whenever it was just the four of them, just like the old days, they would hang out without a care in the world.

The theater group was also going to be there. In fact, they were all sitting at the same table. Violetta would be lying if she said that she didn't care what she looked like in front of EJ. She didn't dress up for other people, she dressed up for herself, but for some reason, another factor in her dress predicament was deciding if EJ liked blue or red better.

Violetta hated herself for that.

Sighing and pushing her dress problems for later, she walked down the hallway in search of Athena. Artemis, Athena's older sister, had texted her last night that Ricky stayed over, because she was also in on trying to get Athena and Ricky to admit their feelings. That was really no surprise to her — it was evident Ricky was hurt yesterday, and he would go running home to Athena for comfort every time.

Violetta finally found Athena by her locker getting books and approached her. "Artemis told me Ricky stayed over last night."

Athena rolled her eyes. "Of course she did. Artemis is such a blabbermouth."

"Did you two finally kiss?" Violetta asked, both to tease her and to actually find out what happened.

Athena's face turned scarlet. "Violetta."

Violetta raised her hands in surrender. "I was just asking."

"To answer your question, no, we didn't." Athena shut her locker and leaned her shoulder against it. "He came over my house crying. I comforted him, gave him Wake Up and told him it was about him, we played some piano, watched a movie, and then he slept over. That's it."