011

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

chapter eleven:party gone wrong !

chapter eleven:
party gone wrong !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

AFTER A SHORT car ride filled with EJ admitting what he had done wrong to the girl at theater camp so Nini could get the role — a girl named Emily — and Violetta agreeing with Emily about how stupid EJ could be, the two had finally made it to Ashlyn's house. EJ took his bottle of balsamic and his lobster dip — which he had gradually eaten on the way over — before they got out of the car and made their way up the path to Ashlyn's house.

He rang the doorbell, which was sort of a waste because EJ just walked right in without anyone answering the door. Violetta shook her head and followed him inside.

"Hello, hello," EJ greeted.

"Oh, hey," Ashlyn replied, walking up to EJ and giving him a hug.

"Hey. I brought some lobster dip and a bottle of forty-year balsamic." Ashlyn took the two in her hands, looking down at them, slightly confused. "I double-dipped twice on the drive over, and I feel bad about that but I feel great about telling you."

"Cool. I'm Ashlyn, and you are . . ."

"On a mission, Ash," EJ admitted.

"Tell me about it," Violetta stated with a small laugh, leaving EJ with Emily on the phone to follow Ashlyn to the kitchen. "Barely recognized him when he picked me up."

"You two have been hanging out an awful lot lately," Ashlyn voiced, placing down the balsamic and the lobster dip on the counter. "Anything . . . going on?"

Violetta stared at Ashlyn for a moment before her eyes widened in realization and she shook her head. "No, no, it's not like that, Ash. We're just good friends."

Ashlyn gave her a look. "You strongly disliked him for, like, two months."

"People can change," Violetta insisted, although her mind was screaming at her that she was just a liar. "God, you're almost as bad as Athena. She keeps prodding me about it."

"Must be something there if we both noticed it," Ashlyn responded slyly, making Violetta roll her eyes. "Okay, okay, I'll let you go. Carlos has some High School Musical board game that he made when he was little in the living room. We're splitting up into teams, so go secure your spot."