Part 2 // Chap. 2: Searching for Rocky

I advise you to re-read the previous chapter if you want to understand this one.

--------

Ryder and the dogs left Adventure Bay to go to the location that Rocky hid in his words.
The team is equipped with a new Air Patroller as well as new, larger vehicles for each dog. In the back, Chase and Skye are huddled together, one thinking about his police career, the other thinking about what Rocky might be hiding from them.
The cool and funny of the group, Zuma, is in his usual state. That is to say, cool man. But deep down, he has a grandiose sadness and is dying of worry.
At the front of the plane, Ryder drives the Air Patroller. And if you're wondering where this human-intelligent dog robot went, it just simply got off after the Paw Patrol pups were gone. And since then, Ryder has never had the courage to rebuild Robo-Dog.
"Every time I take my screwdriver and my tools to fix it, tears run down my cheeks." said the brave boy repeatedly.

Sits next to Ryder, the foodie bulldog who shows Ryder the way to go to Kader Forest. Because he's the only one who knows the way. Having been homeless and searching from street to street for food, Rubble saw places and landscapes.

The Air Patroller lands in the middle of the forest, and the dogs, yawning, awkwardly exit.

Zuma: The forest is huge! How do you want us to find Rocky?

Chase: I think I read in the letter, the words: 3 trees, rock.

Ryder: Let's all look for 3 trees and 1 rock!

The dogs sniff the scents on the ground, and start to search.
Ryder deploys his drone and pilots it with his phone.

They might look everywhere, but it's impossible to find what Rocky mentioned. So they get together, and Rubble, hungry and tired, lies down on a rock.

Rubble: Damn ... I wish those 3 trees and this rock were right in front of us. Without having to move and run as much ...

A smile spreads over Skye's face, and everyone starts to look in Rubble's direction with a cheerful smile.

Rubble: What? You make faces like you want to eat me.

Marshall: We found what Rocky said!

Rubble thinks for a few seconds and thinks he has found the answer.

Rubble: Oh damn ... I didn't know I was too loved by Rocky. For all this time, we've been looking for ... me?

Chase gently pushes Rubble.
Rubble was lying on a rock and behind him are the three trees that Rocky had described.

Zuma: We found what we were looking for. But where is Wocky?

Chase sniffs the ground and smells a familiar scent.

Chase: I smell Rocky's scent!

Chase follows the scent to the rock in front of the three trees and stops.

Chase: How is it possible that his scent stops? Rocky cannot disappear.

Skye carefully examines the rock, then notices words written on the rock.

Skye: Look Chase!

This time, there were no keywords or hidden words. There is just a simple sentence that maybe doesn't make sense.
The sentence is: "Plan changed, meet me at the train station at midnight"
Everyone looks at each other confused.

Marshall: Rocky wanna play a game with us? If it would have been serious, he would come and talk to us directly. What does he just want?

Chase: Only Rocky knows.

Skye: But which train station?

Marshall: I guess it's the one closest to here.

With a sigh, Ryder orders his dogs to get on the Air Patroller to get to the train station as midnight is approaching and they haven't eaten anything since noon.
The plane takes off and Ryder flies to an airstrip near the train station.
The dogs inside are tired, some are much more than others. Chase, used to police investigations that can last nights, and Skye, used to prestigious jumps and tough circus training, are both less tired.
Marshall is sleeping. Being a firefighter, he should be in a great mood, but the fact that he hasn't done his job for a long time makes him tired.
The chocolate labrador also sleeps soundly on Marshall's shoulder, who is next to him.

What is surprising is that Rubble does not sleep. Rubble, who was tired with every move he made. Rubble, who was very hungry. Rubble, who was the most tired and ...

Rubble: Sorry to interrupt. But if I'm not sleeping, it's because I haven't eaten. And as long as I don't eat, I don't sleep.

Everything is explained now.
As the Air Patroller lands on the ground, the dogs emerge from low energy and make their way to the train station.
Arrived there, on the platform of the station, they see a seated figure dressed in black with a vest hood covering his entire head.
What is certain is that it is a dog. Dark paws may be slightly visible.
This figure lifts his head, and our friends can see Rocky's face, wet with tears, disappointed and helpless.

The group walks up to Rocky, and Ryder walks up to him.

Ryder: Rocky ... what's going on?

"Ryder .... I'm being chased," Rocky replies with a firm voice.
Ryder has no reaction, he sits right next to Rocky.

Ryder: Tell us everything we don't know. We are listening to you.

Rocky was about to speak but a train suddenly passes at high speed. The team can hear the small wheels of the train running on the rails, which make successive loud noises. But for Rocky, it's as if it's hits slamming on his beloved.
The former recycler therefore waits for the train to pass to speak.

Rubble: Trains even at night !?

Zuma: We're in a city, Wubble.

The train passed and Rocky was about to speak when this time, it's Rubble with packets of dog chips and unhealthy cookies from an unknown place come.

Ryder: Where ... did you get this?

Rubble: Oh ... don't even ask. At least there is food!

Rubble begins to eat rudely as everyone rolls their eyes at him.
Rocky then begins his flashback.

"I had a kind of little life before Stella and my son. Exactly 3 years ago .....

-----

I promise this is the last small chapter. At least, there's an update :)