Part 2 // Chap 3: Rocky's Flashback Pt. 1

Rocky begins his flashback, with one of the saddest voices he has ever released so far.
His friends around him are immersed in the story that Rocky tells, and imagine the scenes happening in front of them.

"Long time before, when we were just pups and we had to move out of Adventure Bay, Ryder sent me to an owner who is the head of a recycling and technology center. I was very happy there. I had food, good friends, a good owner, but most of all, I loved my job.
The days passed, and I had the impression of becoming more and more mature, I began to think about my future and especially about love.
Love, I often saw it between Chase and Skye when we were pups at Adventure Bay ... "

Chase and Skye look at each other for a tiny second and both blush waiting for Rocky's flashback.

"... And there was this girl, an English cocker spaniel 1 year taller than me, rather beautiful, elegant and smiling as soon as she passed near me. Her name is Lana. She worked in the same sector as me.
One day, I decided to give her a flower that I built with materials. It was not a natural flower, but a flower from my heart with what I could build.
So I gave her this flower on her birthday, and she cried so much that she was ecstatic. She hugged me and kissed my cheek. I was very touched by it.
My owner gave us lots of activities to do, we drew, we danced, sang, played and sometimes we watched movies on the old TV screen with that spider spot .... haha ​​... ".

Rocky is the only one laughing. And the others look at him with a sigh and pity look.

Rubble: Where did this spot come from?

Rocky: My owner once killed a spider on the screen, and its corpse stayed on the screen forever. No cleaning could remove it.

Ryder: Rubble, let Rocky continue.

"So, I was saying, we were watching movies. And one day, it was a movie with a love story. That day, Lana cuddled on top of me and looked at me every minute. After the movie was over, Lana took me outside to see the beautiful stars of the night. She first told me everything she knew about the stars, and then she confessed to me that she has some feelings for me.
I was never so loved in my whole life, my heart was dancing and I was madly in love with her. So we kissed and fell asleep on top of each other.

The next day, very early in the morning, I heard human strangers threatening and insulting my owner. As a good dog, I gently laid Lana on the floor and walked outside.
I saw a black van with 3 men dressed in black. My owner was in front of them. They argued and insulted each other. I stood in front of my owner and barked at strangers.
"I see! He's got plenty of dogs too!" a stranger had said.
"We're going to ban your business!" said another one.
My owner looked down at me and whispered to me:
"You are my favorite of all, Rocky. Now listen to me. Go to our center, and lock the doors. Don't wake the other dogs and don't let anyone in unless it's me."
I smiled proudly.
So I ran to accomplish my mission and locked all the doors.

My mission accomplished, I waited patiently until a gunshot alerted my ears.
Then I heard footsteps outside the door and started barking in anger.

These guys had enough to break a door, so I ran away and woke up all the sleeping dogs.
We were all shaking, we were panicking. These people had huge voices and were aggressive. The door broke, and 3 individuals followed by 5 others with cages rushed towards us.
They started to lock up dogs, some of us attacked them, but that was useless, they were much more stronger than us.

I made the decision to run away with Lana. Lana and me had managed to save ourselves, but as soon as we got out, we saw a man who no longer seemed alive on the ground. Around him, was the color red and he seemed to be killed.
I screamed, Lana screamed. Our daddy is dead.

Lana begged me to get out of here as quickly as possible before we got caught. I captured in my head the face of the killer which is now etched in my memory forever.

After walking for several hours, we came to a magazine stand where the newspaper showed:
"Recycling and tech company burned, owner killed and his dogs missing: Police on investigation."
I wanted to help the police, but I was afraid that something would go wrong. Especially now that I have to take care of Lana. "

Rocky stops, breathes and lets tears come out of his eye.

Ryder: Take your time, Rocky.

"We then entered a forest ...