The Forgotten Pharaoh - Chapter 6

- Oh, he's infuriating. - she commented later with Mark, Jules and Amara who had shown up for the opening.

- What do you mean? He's perfect. - Amara said.

- Are you guys out of your mind? Is he mind washing you?

- Oh, come on hon, you just hate him cause you probably hot for him. It's a typical love-hate situation. - Mark said.

- I absolutely do not! It's just that he walks around as if he owns the place.

Which technically he did, if she was being honest. The map was scarily accurate. Mapping even rooms they didn't uncovered yet. She made sure to hide deep inside her drawer.

- He can own me, for all I care. - Jules completed.

Getting tired of the discussion, she took her equipment and her mask and marched to the tomb. She passed by him and Mr. Parker talking. As she walked by them, Mr. Khalid greeted her and she just ignored him, entering the tomb to work on taking pictures of and decoding hieroglyphics.

Mr. Khalid stood there surprised she had the nerve to completely ignore him. Mr. Parker chuckled and pat him on the shoulder.

- Well, it seems me and Miss. Robinson didn't start with the right foot.

- Don't mind her, Mr. Khalid. She's been into a lot of stress. But she will warm up as soon as we begin to find the jewels.

- Does she like that?

- Well, all women do. - Parker shrugged.

********

When Lilliana returned to her tent, she found Mr. Khalid sitting on "his" desk circled by her people and her friends and roll her eyes. They were all drooling and hanging to every word he said. She plugged her camera in her computer and started unloading the pictures. It would take her a long time to map all the symbols in the wall, even with her high tech equipment. This equipment though would unite all the pictures in a big one making a perfectly copy of the walls in her computer. Well, she supposed she could stand all this fuss around him if his money was paying for this amazing tech. She didn't want to seemed jealous or a bitch. But, how could she work with all the sighs and praising around? And in her tent!

- Well, - she said loudly over the voices of them all. - if you guys are done with working for the day, you better leave, so us who aren't can focus on the job.

- Don't be a bitch, Lilliana. - Mark just loved calling her that.

- This is my work space and I'm trying to work. I'm sure Mr. Khalid will be as splendid anywhere else.  Out. Of . My. Tent.

Most of people left grunting and murmuring.

- Come on, its six o' clock already. We are all done. - Jules said.

- I'm not. And if you're done what are you doing here? Just go home.

- What crawl up your ass lately? - Jules asked outraged.

- Absolutely nothing, and that's the problem if you ask me. - Mark responded before she could.

Lilliana put her hand to her forehead and closed her eyes. She really didn't want to curse them in front of Mr. Khalid, but they were really pissing her off. And speaking of him, why didn't HE leave, yet? She took a deep breath and sat down, saying nothing and ignoring everyone around her.

- Thank God is Friday. Moods are heavy around here. - Mark continued.

- As if it makes a difference. - Lilly said quietly, not taking her eyes from her computer.