The Forgotten Pharaoh - Chapter 7

After a good night sleep, Lilliana felt much better. She did chores at her house all day and slept all afternoon. It was incredible how sleep made everything so much better. She was annoyingly persuaded of going to Limit with Mark and Jules. Limit was a very hip club downtown. She didn't totally disliked the place, actually she loved the songs that played there, but it was a very free place where people behave too freely in her opinion. A lot of people went to Limit to dance, like herself, and lot to hook up shamelessly. It was a young people's club after all, but she couldn't say it didn't vex her.

It had been a while since Lilly last went out, she had to admit. Years. She kinda forgot how dress up. It took her longer than she expected to get ready since it was much different than just putting on shorts and a t-shirt which was what she had gotten used to.  Even combing her hair seemed strange.

Finally, she decided for a red halter cropped top that covered most of her chest but let her shoulders out and accentuated her breasts and a high waisted fitted skirt. She also wore high heels which she wasn't used to wearing anymore.

**************

Seth arrived at the said location a bit unsure of what he was doing. He didn't know much about modern costumes to feel comfortable in certain situations just yet, but he had wanted to see her. Especially after yesterday's failure. Judging by their first encounter, he imagined wooing her was going to be easy, past the tricky situation, of course. But things had only got worse since then. Each day, whatever he tried only seemed to get her more angry and distant. He was lost on how to win her affections.

The place was disturbing to him. Very different than what he would have considered a party in his time. There were colorful blinding lights blinking and shining in various directions and a song playing so loud, louder than he judged necessary. His eyes and his ears hurt. A lot of people were crowded everywhere and he had to squeeze himself among them so he could arrive at the main part, a central part where a lot of people were dancing. He didn't have a clue how he was going to find her. Fortunately, her strange friend Mark spotted him first.

- Hey, Mr. Khalid. Glad you came. We are at this table.

By table he meant a little round plank in a height pedestal with empty glasses and two bags on it, and no chairs. Seth positioned himself next to the strange table, like he saw other men doing. His counselor had told him that if he didn't know what do to or how to act in a situation he should look around and try to copy other people, so he did.

- I'll get us some drinks. - Mark said, and Seth noticed that he didn't dressed himself like his counselor had said modern men did. - The girls are around there somewhere.

He pointed to the sort of round space where people were doing what he now recognized as dancing. He stared at it for a moment, how could Mark know they were in there? For him it was just a mass of bodies and color. He couldn't make out a single person in th... and then, he saw her. Right in front of him, she and her friend Jules were moving rhythmically with the beat of the song playing in the air. He had to admit he didn't find the rhythm unpleasant and his ears were getting used to it. Mainly now that he could see her body moving according to it. She had her hair up in a high ponytail what showed off her sculpted shoulders. She was in less clothes than he was used in seeing her around the site. She had big earrings on and different kind of high shoes. She fitted right in those clothes. But what really caught his eye was that she was smiling and laughing as she danced. And it was enthralling for him. He couldn't look away.

Mark returned and he made what was called small talk, but then stayed silent. Seth was looking around observing the ambient so he could gather most information possible. He noticed that many couples around the place were deeply engaged in activities too sexual to be done in public. He noticed that men were staring at Lilliana as hard as him. A couple of times a man passing by would grab her by the arm or waist and whisper something in her ear. Sometimes she would smile and laugh, sometimes she would look at them annoyed , but she would always shake her head in negative and they would eventually walk away and she kept dancing. He wanted to have them all killed. Then, she seemed to take a liking to a particular male. They danced together for a bit and too close for Seth's tastes. He kept saying things in her ear, and she laughed. This guy, he wanted to have him tortured.