Chapter 12: Battle in Trost

3rd Person Pov-

It blew us off the walls lots of people barely managed to catch themselves on the wall.

It was back...The Collosal

The Colossal Titan did exactly like 5 Years ago. It kicked the wall and now there's a 8 meter wide hole.

Eren Pov-

I went running towards the Colossal

It swung it's arm, I jumped but it was aiming for the Cannons

Eren thoughts: Son of a bitch he took out the cannons. The gate was no accident then. He, he planned it. He has intelligence. Now's the chance without him the Titans don't have a chance. I'm about to take him down

I ran up his arm, then I swung towards his neck. But he let out his steam.

I then went again to try.

Eren: Ahhhhhhh

I swung and there was...nothing

Eren's thoughts: H-how did I miss

I shot my anchor at the wall and looked down where he was.

Eren: What the. Did he just vanish in thin air?

Thomas: Eren where'd he go did he get away or did you take him out?

Eren: He's gone. Exactly like 5 years ago, he's here one moment then gone the next. Just like that!

Y/n Pov-

We were sent to HQ and find out where we're supposed to be

Commander: Time to put your traning to work! I have faith each of you are gonna get credited to your regiment!

I was filling my gas like Armin but he was shaking and getting overwhelmed.

Eren: Armin what's wrong?

Armin: I- Don't worry just give me a second for my nerves to calm down. This is bad isn't it? There's a hole in the wall 8 meters wide. And we don't even remotely have the engineering know how to plug it. That huge boulder near the front gate is our best bet but we couldn't figure out how to hoist it in place. How long do you think until they take over Wall Rose? Seriously how long?! Think about it they can just wipe human race.

Eren: Armin! Listen to me. Your focused on the past look ahead, we're not gonna be the victims anymore.

Armin: Sorry. I'm okay

Y/n: Good. We should be heading out
I said standing up

Commander: The Intercept squadron will be taking to the Vanguard. Cadets will be taking the middle guard led my a support squad. Rear guard will go to the elites.  I expect you all to man your post knowing the advanced team is been wiped out

People gasped and started talking amongst themselves

Commander: That's right the other gate history the Titans are in. This means the Armoured Titan will re appear then the wall will be history.

All of us started talking and hoping it was a dream, but it's reality.

Commander: Quit! Right those are the Vanguard be ready. The whole area is well-known saturated your mission is a very simple one! Defend the wall till the evacuation's done! Now be aware all of you that are desertion is punished by execution. If it comes to it lay down your eyes!
DISMISSED

All: Sir!

Eren and I were making our way to our assigned squads until Eren bumped in Jean.

Jean: Move it

Eren: What the hell man. What's wrong with you?

Jean: What kind a question is that? We're all about to be Titan chow you expect me to sing you a happy little song? You both loving this aren't you. I feel like you Y/n wouldn't care if you die or not. You little phyco.

Y/n: Tch, we're trained for a time like this. What do you think the training was for?

Eren: He's right, we survived we stared death in the face and we lived not everyone can say that, can they? Some people couldn't take it and either ran or were thrown out. Hell some people actually died but not us, am I right? We powered through for three years. What's one more day? You can do this Jean, alright. The mp will still be waiting for you tomorrow.

He then walked off after that speech.

Jean: On your feet Daz stop falling

Daz: O-okay

I noticed Mikasa who saw the whole thing then she came up to us.

Mikasa: Eren, if things take a turn for the worse I want you to come and find me.

Eren: What? We're completely different squads.

Mikasa: Still, so I can protect you.

Eren: Who the hell do you think you are?

Garrison: Ackerman your with me.

We turned and saw Garrison call for Mikasa.

Garrison: You've been assigned to the rear guard on special orders let's get moving.

Mikasa: But sir I'm a cadet I'm just going to slow everyone down

Eren: What?

Garrison: Your not being asked for self-evaluation here. The mass exodus is falling apart. We need as many elite soldiers as possible to get things back on track.

He walked away

Mikasa: Sir with all y-

Eren cut Mikasa by headbutting her

I was kinda shocked Eren would do that. I mean he's always pissed when Mikasa wants to protect him.

Eren: You've been given a direct order pull it together, now! This is bigger than the 3 of us and you know it we're on the verge of extinction here have some damn perspective.

She looked down and spoke

Mikasa: Your right I'm sorry. This whole situation just has me out of my head.

Eren was about to go but then she grabbed his sleeve.

Mikasa: Just promise, promise me one thing whatever happens don't get yourself killed

He pulled away and walked off

Eren: I haven't planned on it thanks.

I walked up to Mikasa

Y/n: Hey Mikasa, I'll try my best to keep him alive. I'm probably gonna end up getting killed but you know it's how it is.

Mikasa looked up at me, then hugged me

Mikasa: I don't want you to die either. Try to stay alive too, please?

I hugged back and responded

Y/n: I'll try, okay 

We broke the hug and I started to make my way where Eren went

Y/n: Don't die alright, Mikasa

She nodded and went the other way.

Y/n thoughts: It begins now. I don't know if they will appear but this is worth a try...