Chapter 14

Rudra Shekhawat

"I am really sorry Mr Shekhawat," Yogini said as we reached the elevator.

"You don't have to be Yogini, even I could have fallen sick, no big deal," I said and I leaned a little closer to her to press our floor's button. I looked back at her and she seemed to be in a daze.

I clicked my fingers in front of her to sort of break her trance. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes," she quickly looked away. I took hold of her wrist and tried to feel her pulse.

"You have a fever," I said and touched her forehead. It was not burning but she had a little fever for sure. Quickly the elevator stopped at our floor and we made our way towards Yogini's room.

She inserted her key and tried to open the door.

"I think it is stuck," she said.

"Here, let me" she moved aside and gave the door a little push but didn't budge, "Let me call the manager," I said and dialled the number. The manager was there in no time.

"Sir I have a master key let me try," he said and tried opening the door but to his dismay, the door didn't open.

"Is there is another room on this floor" Yogini asked.

"Sorry ma'am but due to the business summit and with two weddings all our rooms are booked at the moment"

"What about my luggage," she asked.

"Ma'am at this moment nothing is possible tomorrow in the morning only we can get the door unlocked," he said.

"Thank you," I said and he left, "Yogini you can use my room for tonight" I offered.

"And what about you," she asked.

"There happened to be a couch in my room" I shrugged and proceeded to open my door. I quickly went to my closet and got her one of my shirts and track pants.

"For the night you can change into these" she quickly took those and went to the washroom. I quickly checked my travel bag for some fever medicine and luckily I found some. Remind me to thank mom later. Her years of pestering for keeping a travelling medicine kit is finally being used.

Yogini quickly came out of the washroom and sat on the bed.

"Mr Shekhawat do you mind if I use the bed," she asked in a timid voice.

"You don't have to ask Yogini," I said and handed her the medicine.

"Thank you" she mumbled and gulped it. She laid in the bed and I covered her with the blanket.

"I would be back soon," I said and then bent down to kiss her forehead. I don't know what took over me to do something like that. Yogini was quite taken aback but she didn't react in any way she just smiled and closed her eyes.

I walked over to the door and exited the room.

I reached the party and spent a little more time talking to different people and discussing different business prospects.

"It is always a pleasure meeting and talking to you Mr Shekhawat," Mr Singh said and we shook hands and he left.

"Where were you Rudra," Rathod uncle asked, "And where is Yogini," he asked while looking around trying to find her.

"She is in her room," I said.

"Oh"

"She is down with a fever" I informed him because I knew he wanted to know what had happened.