Chapter 25

Yogini Anand

"How did you start cooking," I asked as I looked at him preparing him the meat. His sleeves rolled up and he looked like perfect husband material. I wish if only....

"Earlier women in the family never used to cook meat so it was generally the males who used to cook the non-vegetarian items, we had this tradition for really long," he said as he sliced some chillies, "So every Sunday my father used to take Dhruv and me to his farm and we used to cook," he said. 

"Wow so you picked it from there" I concluded. 

"Yes" he smiled as he put all the spices in the pot, "Do you cook," he asked. 

"Yes, often actually, but very basic things you know just to survive, masi used to work for really long hours so I learnt some stuff and nothing fancy like Laal Maas and all" I chuckled, "You know Jogi cooks well"

"Really" he raised his eyebrows and asked. 

"Yes although she doesn't get much time, she likes to cook as to what I have incurred," I said. 

"Do you mind chopping some onions?" he asked. 

"Yeah sure," I said and he passed me a chopping board and a knife and a few onions, "Do want them sliced or minced," I asked. 

"Minced," he said and started preparing some rice. 

"Here" I quickly transferred the onions to a bowl and proceeded to wash the knife and the chopping board. 

"Yogini, it's okay leave it there," he said as he proceed to call someone from the phone in the kitchen. 

"No it's fine" I quickly dried my hand and moved towards his fridge. 

There were so many fridge magnets of different states and countries. Romania, Belarus, Moscow, China, Italy, Chile, Spain, Brazil and there were so many others. 

"You like to travel don't you," I said as I felt him standing beside me. 

"It was mostly for work" he chuckled. 

"But still you have travelled so much," I said, "Please tell me you just didn't work and did some sightseeing" I turned to him. 

"Yeah I only worked," he said and I sighed and turned back to see the fridge. 

"Someone should learn how to waste an international trip by just working from you," I said. 

"What all places have you been to," he asked. 

"None, actually," I said, "I mean I only been to Vancouver and that too for studies" I chuckled, "Although I did explore around and to be honest I was a student on a scholarship so I had no money other than for trivial things" I concluded. 

"How wasteful" he chuckled. 

"What's on 28th," I asked as it was marked in green. 

"Oh that, it's my birthday" he didn't seem very pleased about that. 

"It's your birthday" I turned to him, "And you are not happy about it," I asked. 

"I think birthdays are overrated" 

"Not going to disagree there but people to get happy on birthdays of others especially for whom they care," I said, "So you can try to cheer a little bit for them," I said as I poked him on his well-defined stomach. Suddenly he pulled me towards him with a jerk startling me and looking up at him. 

"Would care about my birthday?" he asked in a husky voice. Just then the doorbell went off and the front door opened and I quickly freed myself from Rudra's grasp.