Chapter 27

Yogini Anand

I quickly drove back home. Nothing was going on in my head. I reached and opened the door and rushed to my bedroom. I opened and laptop and went on the airline's site. I had to confirm this. 

There was no such information. I airlines people was also of no use considering even they only had the information that was being circulated in news channels. I tried calling Rana once again but still, his phone was switched off. 

Finally, I decided to call dad. 

"Papa" my voice almost cracked. 

"Yogi" 

"Is there any news regarding the crash?" I asked trying to act as normal as I can. 

"Yogi" he sighed. 

"Just tell me," I said. 

"I am still trying to get information on it," he said, "I am not sure if he boarded the flight or not" 

"I had talked to him before he had boarded the flight," I said. 

"You did," he asked. 

"He said there was some problem with his pilot so he had to book a flight at the last minute" I replied. 

"Don't worry we are still trying to locate him, as far my intel goes he shouldn't have had boarded the flight," he said. 

"Are you sure?" I asked him as a little hope stirred inside me. 

"We can't be sure about anything yet Yogi but please be brave to hear anything" with that he thing up and I slumped on my bed. 

What was going on? Why didn't I say anything to him earlier it would have been so much easier. The guild was too much to handle. What have I done? 

Just then my phone rang again. 

It was Masi. 

"Yogi did you see the news," she asked. 

"Yes I did" 

"Are you in the office?" she asked again. 

"No, I am at home" 

"Yogi please go to Mala's house, I am coming there and don't tell Jogi about anything right now," she said and hung up. 

She sounded distressed. It was clear from her voice. She probably knew about my feelings toward Rudra, I mean she had known me all my life and she was the mother in my life. She was worried for me, her daughter and her friend, Mala aunty. 

Without wasting another minute I quickly drove to Mala aunty's house. I have never been there before but it kind of felt familiar. 

The guard at the entrance asked me whom I wanted to meet and let me in. 

I quickly parked my car and saw Rana at the entrance. 

His back was facing me and he was furiously talking to someone on his phone. 

"Rana" I called out gently. He turned towards me and I saw his red eyes. I wanted to say something but I couldn't. I walked towards him and hugged him tightly and broke down. 

"Yogi," he said and hugged me back. Never in a million years, I would have imagined seeing Rana cry his heart out. He was sobbing like a little child and so was I. 

"He was my brother" he whispered, "I have known him all my life" he cried bitterly

"I know I should have told him how much I loved him" we both poured our hearts out.