Chapter 50

Yogini Anand

After having dinner I slept immediately. I woke up at around 3 in the morning when I felt a sharp pain shot through my arm. I tried to sleep it off but it didn't help. I got up and decided to drink water and maybe take painkillers. 

I went to the kitchen and took some pain relief medicines. It didn't help much. I looked at my phone and saw a few messages from Rudra, one of the very recent ones being at 2:48 and he was still online. Just then my phone rang. 

'Why are you still awake' he asked as soon as I picked his phone up. 

'Oh that, I arm was paining a little so I was taking some medicine' I said as I didn't want to have any argument with him. 

'You need to see a doctor now' he said. 

'Rudra please don't create unnecessary problems' I said. He was unreasonable and I didn't have the energy to fight with him. 

'I will be there in fifteen minutes get dressed'  he said and hung up. 

'Hello-' god this man. 

I didn't care what he wanted to do he could and I would not listen to him this time. 

I went to my room and tried to sleep with a hot patch to subdue the pain. It didn't help in any way but I didn't have any other choice. 

Just then my phone rang. It was Rudra. 

'Rudra please don't come here it's already late' I said as I picked up the phone. 

'I am already outside, come quickly' he said. 

'Rudra, don't be childish'  I said. 

'You are the one being childish you are the one who needs a doctor so stop it'  he almost yelled, 'And if you don't come right at this moment I am coming inside and telling everyone that you have fought with me and come here' 

'Are you threatening me' I asked in disbelief. 

'Yes, now come out quickly' he said and hung up. 

I had no doubt that Rudra would do as he said. I would have to see the doctor sooner or later anyway. I quickly got out of bed and put on my jacket. 

I went out of the house and saw him sitting in the car. I quickly locked the house and sat in the car. 

None of us said a word nor moved. 

I looked at him and shrugged. 

He sighed and leaned towards me and pulled the seat belt for me. 

"I can do it," I said and I tried to buckle it. 

"Tch" he clicked his tongue and continued to buckle it. 

I glared at him and he drove the car away. 

He parked in front of the emergency ward and we got out of the car. 

The doctor came and checked my wound. 

"It seems like it burnt the skin and reached the muscle," the doctor said, "Did you put a hot patch on it," she asked. 

"Yeah, for the pain" I replied. 

"I think that caused a little more burning" she said as she  moved my hand a little to see the redness. The arm had turned red almost reaching my upper arm, "I will prescribe an anti-flamatory medicine and a cooling gel, it should okay in a couple of days" she said and went away. 

I didn't had the courage to look at Rudra because I knew he was already boring holes in my body with his gaze. 

"And you didn't need a doctor" he said.

"How would I know that it was this serious, for me it was just a simple burn" I rolled my eyes at him. 

"It would have been serious only if you would have listened to me earlier" he replied. 

I sighed. Soon a nurse came with a prescription and did my dressing. I thanked her and we went away.

"You are not going to ask me anything" I asked as we sat in the car. I realise I was the one who had left the house without saying anything and I wanted him to ask me heck even make me understand how unreasonable I was to do what I did but he stayed silent. 

"What do you want me to ask you" he kept his eyes trained on the road. 

"Why I left" I asked in an unsure manner. 

I saw his clenched jaws and he took a sharp turn and parked the car on the left side of the road. 

"What are we doing Rudra" I broke down as I couldn't contain my emotions anymore, "I can't take this anymore, it's because of someone else that we are-" 

"No Yogini it is not because of someone else but because of our own doing" he said, "If we want tor resolve something then we need to talk about it, I will not give any justification as to what did even if I lost my temper it doesn't change anything and after that if you would want to leave and-"

"Can you stop assuming things and listen to once" I almost yelled, "I am not leaving you, no, I need time to think as to what happened and why it happened am I not able to understand you or maybe we don't see eye to eye on many situations" 

"We have our differences Yogini but I won't let anyone come in between us no matter what" he said as he gently cupped my face, "If you need time I have all my time for you I will not rush you to do anything or take any decision" he said and wiped my tears. 

"I love you" I mumbled as I rubbed my face. 

"What happened to you" he chuckled. 

"You are supposed to say it back" I lightly hit his chest. 

"I love you too" he kissed my forehead. 

"I think it is better for you to stay at Masi's house for a few days" he said suddenly. 

"Is everything okay" I asked. Although I wasn't planning to go back to our home so soon but him mentioning it made feel a little uneasy. 

"Yes you don't have to worry about anything" he said, "Asha has left so even better" I nodded. I didn't feel like saying anything to him regarding the situation as we clearly didn't see eye to eye on it.

He silently drove to my house and parked in front of my gate. 

"Are you coming inside" I asked as I unbuckled the seat belt. 

"Not the right time" he said as he looked at his watch and smiled gently at me. 

"Okay good night" I said and got out of the car. 

I reached the front gate and saw him reversing the car and he drove away. 

Heyy there hope you enjoyed it and if you did then do vote and comment and I will see next time.