Chapter 28

Rudra Shekhawat

"Congratulations Mr Shekhawat," Mr Mehdi said, "You couldn't have asked for a better deal" we shook hands. 

"Absolutely," I said, "I will have my CA and lawyer to sign the deal next week" 

"No problem," he said, "How about grabbing some dinner Rudra," Mr Medhi asked as we came out of the conference room. 

"Not today Kabir," I said, "I need to rush back to Delhi," I said. 

"Oh yeah that plane crash news," he sighed, "Gave me quite a heart attack" he chuckled, "I thought the collaboration is down the hole but more to that I felt so bad," he said. 

"Of course Kabir Mehdi we are college friends, I had to come back from death for the deal," I said. 

"Stop joking around Rudra you do not know people get scared, think about Mala aunty, Rana, Dhruv if you would have a girlfriend or a wife the situation would have been even more tricky," he said, "But how does it matter to you you have neither" he smirked. 

"Thank you very much for your concern, Kabir, I will let you know if I progress in any way in that department," I said and he raised his eyebrows at me, before he could say anything I said, "I will take your leave" and made my way outside the building and sat in my car. 

"Sir, airport" Rakesh asked. 

"Yes" I undid my tie and we drove from there. I quickly switched on my phone which was now charged and went through the call details. 

There were 179 missed calls. Many of them were business associates, and there was family, Rana, Dhruv, Mom, Rathod uncle and there was Yogini. She had called thrice and several messages left. 

I quickly dialled mom. She needs to be sure about me. 

"Whom did you call Rakesh," I asked. 

"Sir I informed Dhruv sir and Rana sir," he said and I nodded.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. The number you are trying- 

I quickly disconnected the call and dialled Rajiv uncle's number. 

"Rudra where are you" he picked up in a single ring.

"I am fine uncle and I am heading towards the airport," I said. 

"God you gave everyone a scare" he sighed. 

"I know I didn't know that for a couple of hours I was dead" I chuckled. 

"You can laugh in front of me but don't laugh in front of your mother" 

"Oh yeah I was trying to call her but she isn't picking up, did you visit her," I asked. 

"Yeah she fainted," he said, "Had a hysteric episode, the good thing is Maya reached there just in time and gave her sedatives, she will be fine," he said. 

"Oh God is she fine," I asked. 

"Yes, no need to worry,"  he sighed, "Come fast we are waiting for you," he said and hung up. 

"Sir we are here," my driver said and we were already parked inside the airport. 

"Rakesh, take care of my laptop please," I said and made my way towards the jet while dialling Yogini's number. 

"Hello" a familiar voice answered but it was not Yogini. 

"Jogi," I said and looked at the phone just to make sure that I had called the right person.