Chapter 34

A/N  

The POVs in this chapter are constantly shifting so watch out for that to avoid confusion. 

Enjoy!

 Yogini Anand

That night I couldn't sleep. I was turning in my bed constantly. After the conversation with Sarpanch Ji, Rudra went with him to god knows where. 

One thing was clear, those rituals were of no use and it was just a way to distract all the villagers. But what was the issue exactly I could not understand. If Sarpanch Ji would have told all of them, even then the villagers would have helped him. Everyone in the village regarded him with respect even if it was out of fear. No one would have said anything or even pointed a finger then why did he not tell everyone about it. Why didn't he tell them that he was being blackmailed? What could be the possible reason? Maybe I was reading too much into it. 

Just then there was a knock on the door. I quickly got up and peeked a little to see who it was. It was Rudra. 

"What happened," I asked as soon he came inside and bolted the door.

"Rana is sending a few of our men here so that at least till the time some aid from the government is not here the people are safe," he said, "We would be leaving tomorrow," he said. 

"But Rudra we have to make sure everything is fine an-" 

"I do not want any more arguments on this, you are not spending any more nights here" he snapped taking me a little aback but I decided not to argue as this was not the right time to say anything. 

He quickly went to his side of the bed and without any further glance, he lay on the bed. I sighed and lay on my side of the bed. It was not a very big bed just a little bigger than a single bed so there was not a lot of space. 

I reflected back upon the day's event. Just an hour ago we were so content and happy and now we are with this issue that is making both of us distant. I did not want to talk about his decision and he did not want to give me reasons. I had no clue where this relationship was heading to. 

I sighed one last time and closed my eyes. 

***********

Rudra Shekhawat

I had promised myself that no harm would come Yogini's way but for some reason, I was failing completely at it. Only if I would have not sent her here initially nothing like this would have happened.  

Last night's conversation with Sarpanch was nothing but an eye-opener for me. The two lads from the other side of the border have been involved in women trafficking for a long and unfortunately due to the proximity of Tanot from the border they have come under their radar. 

He told me that after Yogini helped to take Jogi away the men from the other side of the border were trying to find Yogini at all costs. Sarpanch refused to tell them who she was and due to this they started blackmailing him and he had no other option but to send men behind Yogini to find her. But after she escaped Rajasthan he quit searching. I  did not want Sarpanch to tell all this to Yogini as it would disturb her and even make her paranoid so I asked him after I sent Yogini away. 

I opened my eyes and saw Yogini sleeping on her side of the bed. Even in her sleep, she looked distressed. I creased her forehead gently. There were too many problems between us which made me doubt if we would even survive the test of time. I loved her dearly but I wasn't this selfish to tie her down with me and make her unhappy for the rest of her life. She relaxed a bit and snuggled into me. 

I kissed her forehead and covered her with the blanket and went out. 

I was standing on the balcony when Sarpanch came running and panting frantically.