Chapter 29

Rudra Shekhawat

"Happy Birthday" I heard mom wishing me as I was getting ready to go to the office. 

"Thank you, mom," I said and hugged her. 

"Rudra today's Sunday and it's your birthday" she complained.

"I know but it's just a short meeting I need to wrap it up" I replied. 

"You have called the board of directors and you haven't informed me," she said as she looked at her phone. 

"Yes, because I know you are not in a good shape and also I know your decision," I said. 

"Regarding what," she asked 

"Regarding sending Yogini to Tanot" I sighed. 

"Oh yeah," she sighed, "It completely slipped out of my mind. But what are you going to do," she asked. 

"I have a few more board members on board to not send her" 

"How did you convince them," she asked. 

"Well I just said that Yogini isn't component enough to go there" 

"Rudra how can you say that you know-" 

"I know, I know this that Yogini is the only one who is the aptest for the job but if I hadn't said that they won't have had been on board," I said. 

"I hope you can change their decision," she nodded and left. 

**************

"Let's take a final vote every one," Mr Singh said. 

"Those in favour of sending Yogini Anand to Tanot please raise your hand," Mr Sharma said and except me and Dhruv, everyone raised their hands. My planning had failed as well as my calculations. Singh had played his evil game. 

"Seems like you are mistaken with your research Mr Shekahwat," Singh said with a smirk, "There is no one better than Yogini Anand for this job," he said. 

"Very well then gentlemen the meeting is adjourned," Dhruv said and I quickly went out of the room to my cabin. 

"That fu*king man" I spat as soon as the door behind me closed and Dhruv sat on the couch, "He bloody played his game, what obsession does he have with her I don't understand," I said and threw whatever came in my hand on the wall. 

"Bhai, control," Dhruv said, "You are in love, aren't you," he said making me glare at him and that made him shut real quick. 

"Okay I think we should go home quickly before mom starts calling me," he said and we left. 

As soon as we reached I saw Maya aunty's car parked. 

I quickly went inside and the food was already set on the dining table but there was no one to be seen not even Dhruv. 

I quickly opened the lid of the food and most of it was of my choice. 

"Happy Birthday" someone whispered in my ear and I turned to Yogini. 

"What are you doing here" 

"Excuse me" she gasped as she kept her hand on her chest, "It's your birthday" 

"Then where's my gift," I asked as I slowly moved towards her trapping her between the table and my body. 

"We-Well I made all this," she said as she cleared her throat and tried to turn a little.

"You made all of it," I asked. 

"I helped" I raised my eyebrow at her, "A little" she confessed without meeting my gaze. She was nervous due to our proximity as the tip of her ears were bright red making me chuckle lightly.