Thank you, Mr. Sakurai.

I think we all need to take a moment, together. 

I'm currently in tears, towards the fact that Sora is the last ever Super Smash Brothers update we'll ever get. 

The game became one of the best, and made an impact on so many people's lives. I've only been in the fandom for a year, but the year I've had with it has been beyond amazing. 

When I first picked up the Super Smash Brothers game, I had an interest in it. I brought it home, and for the first time ever, played it with my younger brother. I remember the first ever character I played as was Link, and my brother was Mario. 

I'm almost laughing at how much of a noob I was. Spamming A wasn't gonna get me anywhere! But then I learned, and learned, and learned, and then suddenly, Super Smash Brothers was my life. 

I learnt more about the originations of the games behind it, the storylines, the characters, and the creators. I became so obsessed, that I even made my very first Wattpad book about it.

That's right, this book. 

The more I fell in love with the game the more happier and interactive I became. I wake up, and think about Super Smash Brothers. I go to sleep, and dream about Super Smash Brothers. And when school is too stressful and boring, I daydream about Super Smash Brothers. 

Super Smash Brothers literally became my life motto, and source of happiness. 

Sakurai gave us characters, and gave them to us with love. He may not have added Waluigi, Tom Nook or Crash Bandicoot, but he still gave us characters. 

Sakurai wasn't selfish. He listened to his fans, and took their advice. He figured out a way to make us satisfied, and dang, he did extremely well. 

This man we are currently discussing is 50 years old. He had literally spent half of his life working with Nintendo.

Let's all face it, Sakurai needs a break. For over 20 years of his life, he's been giving us games for both the Super Smash Brothers and Kirby series. I know there were some people out there who never appreciated him, but that's got their personal reasons. I say, though, that Sakurai deserves respect. Lots lots lots lots lots lots lots and lots of respect. 

On the 5th of October, 2021, he gave us our final footage of the Super Smash Brothers series. 

He sent his fans (that includes me) in to tears, for some of them have been playing the game for as long as he's been making it. 

The thing about Sakurai was that he was a very multi-tasked man. He took every single fighter, spirit, assist trophy, and mii costume under his wing, and brought them to Super Smash Brothers. He gave as much content as possible for the players living all over the world. Those players always grew a connection with at least one character, which is what has made Super Smash Brothers special for them. 

I've completed World of Light and Dark, unlocked 70% of the spirits, grew a HUGE connection to Megaman, and has made so many of my life choices about Super Smash Brothers. 

I'm not trying to brag, I'm trying to show you how much SSB meant to me. 

But now, we will get no more updates. 

Sakurai is retiring, and Sora is the last ever DLC fighter. 

But the good news is, Wooden Plank Studios is still making their 'Everyone Is Home' skits, Little Z is still playing the game as if his life depends on it, SMG4 is making a new animated series... 

...and I'm still making one-shots. 

Let's all take a few moments, to salute to the one and only, Masahiro Sakurai. 

Thank you for being so sweet, active, and supportive throughout this huge journey throughout the Super Smash Brothers series. We're all extremely proud. 

And here, my dearest readers, is the last ever Super Smash Brothers footage photo we will ever see...

Thank you, Sakurai. 

~Tattletail-chan

💛💛💛