Ritcher X Reader - Night Fright

Yup, I'm back!

Somewhat.

This has been sitting in my drafts for months so I decided to randomly come back to it-

READ ON!!!

Sleeping is something you've struggled with within recent months.

The sleep tracker on your watch keeps telling you that the most sleep you've gotten within the past few months is 4 hours, the majority of it being light sleep, too.

The reason why is really hard to explain.

As you stayed awake, it was as if your eyes were trying to terrorize you, making everything seem really small and far away. It was oddly terrifying, making you hyperventilate and shiver in your bed. 

It was really hard to become tired, too. Even worse, you had battles every morning, and you haven't won any in a while because of the lack of sleep you've been getting.

Tonight, although, you felt that you would finally be able to sleep. 

Peach had supplied you with some sleeping pills and of course, her signature cake. You also managed to learn some breathing techniques that put you to sleep within just a few minutes from Wii Fit Trainer. But the best thing about it was the fact that Toon Link let you borrow his absolutely adorable frog plushie named Fred.

You crawled on to your bed, placing your glass of water to take your pills with on to your bedside table. You picked up Fred and cuddled him in your lap. You took a few moments, and then switched off the lights. 

Sudden darkness filled the room.

With your night terrors, you've become quite frightened of the dark. Your breath hitched suddenly. You switched on a small lamp beside you, and the small amount of light that it gave you made you feel better.

You popped one of the sleeping pills in to your mouth, and took a gulp of water with it, making it slip down your throat with ease. You lay back, waiting for yourself to become drowsy. The lamp was going to stay on.

You held Fred as close to you as possible as you made yourself comfortable in the blankets. Finally, you were going to get a good nights sleep.

You closed your eyes, which surprisingly, weren't playing any tricks on you, and exhaled with relief.

Then, the bright, yellow light that you could see through your eyelids disappeared.

You opened your eyes suddenly, realizing that the lamp had suddenly turned off. You sat up and reached for the switch. You flicked it up and down, hoping that it would turn on again, but to no avail.

You started panicking as you turned to the pitch black wall, which felt like it was zooming in and out. The one time you thought you were going to sleep well has been sabotaged with an electricity crash.

You stuffed your face in to Fred's soft form in terror, listening to everyone outside trying to fix the electricity problem. 

"I-a used to be a plumber, I-a can handle this!"

"Mario, there's a difference between an electrician and a plumber- Pikachu, have you tried?"

"Pika pika!"

"what do you mean it would be too powerful??? Ugh, Ness, youve got PK Thunder, right?"