Solid Snake X Female!Soldier! Reader - Our Parents

⚠️WARNING: THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES DEATH, MILD GORE AND SADNESS⚠️

Guess who's getting inspired by Marvel! Yes, me!

A request from B4rt3nder-N00dl3s

Sorry if this is inaccurate, I don't know a lot about the Metal Gear Solid series. I've only seen comic dubs XD 

READ ON!!! 

I still remember the war as if it was yesterday. 

I remember the R.O.B.s, bleeping uncontrollably, the booms of the gunshots, the horrified screams, 

And... my father. 

My name is (Y/N) Campbell, daughter of General Roy Campbell. I've been training in the female army for what seems like my entire life. 

It's how I met my best friend and love, David, who is known as 'Solid Snake'. 

His father, the 'Big Boss', and my father were close friends. David and I trained together whilst our parents attended important meetings. 

Those important meetings became more and more serious without myself and David knowing. 

We got invited to Smash at the same time, and have fought our way all the way up from Brawl to Ultimate together. 

Smash was a great place. 

At least that was until the war came. 

David's father was a traitor. He was the leader of the Outer Heaven, and decided to bring war to the franchise David and I cared so much about. 

Our fellow fighters tried to fight them off. The sword fighters in one group, the gunners in another, and the brawlers in the last. 

Outer Heaven's goal was to wipe out soldiers of all kind, and tragically, succeeded. 

The most terrifying and unforgettable moment was when David pulled me underneath a cardboard box with him. We were pearling out the small handle at the front, only to watch the quarrel that both of our fathers were having. 

"John... how could you?"

"I despise soldiers, Roy. I don't get how you've raised your daughter to become one. You've even taken advantage of my son." 

"Your son is following his heart!" 

"THATS NOT WHAT I SEE." 

BOOM 

Father fell to the ground, blood spilling out of an opening in his chest. I tried screaming, shouting his name, but I was stopped by David's hand clasping over my mouth. Tears started spilling out of my sockets, my chest was paining, and the sight in front of me was the worst I'll ever witness. 

David stroked my sides comfortingly, whispering softly in to my ear; "it's okay..." 

It wasn't. 

My father... was dead. 

My father... was shot by David's father. 

Our parents were friends that weren't meant to be. 

~(the present, and after the war)~