Link X Female!Shy!Awkward! Reader - Bubblegum - Part 1

I've had this storyline idea for a while now, I'm so excited to finally use it! Cant believe I haven't written a Link X Reader one shot yet-

Anyway, this chapter is based on a song that I've had on repeat recently: 'Bubblegum' by Clairo

This isn't a song shot, I'm terrible at those, it's a one shot based on the moving lyrics of the song.

I swear, I love lo-fi bedroom music-

Also, this chapter is dedicated to a very special someone: ILikeBread010. Please go follow her and read her books, they're absolutely amazing. 

Wish, I know how much you love Link, so really hope you enjoy this. Thanks for making my days better, bestie <3333

READ ON!!!

Link.

The name of the boy you've had eyes for almost all your life.

He was sweet, adorable, loyal, and everything else you ever wanted in a boy.

Although, you had always been the super shy and awkward type, therefore you would admire him from afar.

Quite recently, though, Link started to notice you. He would have the odd conversation with you, that normally consisted of you giving one-word-sentences as responses.

You then started to warm up to him, your feelings for him growing as you got to know him personally.

For some reason, when you talked to him, you would always have a weird feeling in your throat...as if you wanted to say something that you just couldn't.

In fact, he got so close to you, that one day, he asked you out.

Your heart exploded with happiness when he did, but then you realised how awkward it would be. Did he want you to go out as just friends, or romantically?

And besides, your shy and awkward personality would get the best of you...

...and that was exactly what happened.

After you had eaten at the restaurant with him, he took you to gaze at the moon on a hill.

The aura started becoming somewhat awkward, as you fiddled with your fingers and stared at the ground.

Link started getting closer and closer to you, as your face became hotter and hotter.

You knew exactly what he wanted...but even thought you wanted the same, you were too embarrassed to do it.

You made an excuse of needing to prepare for a battle that was due the next morning, and ran off.

You blew your chance to kiss him.

After that night, you fled back to your universe, leaving the premises of the Smash Mansion completely. You had left Master Hand a note on his desk to let him know of your absence.

For weeks on end, you sat in your room. You kept on thinking about that night, wondering whether or not you felt good or bad about it.

Those many days of endless thinking lead to a chain of extremely moving and desiring thoughts...

You teared up as they sped through your head, feeling more terrible about what you had done.

You felt sorry that you didnt kiss him, yet it was obvious you wanted to.

Everytime you talk to him, you feel like there's bubblegum in your throat, and it feels like a curse.

But your luck couldnt get any worse...

Because the weird feeling in your throat that felt like you had swallowed bubblegum, made you think that the years that you will live through will be really dumb. You can't feel like this all the time, you thought to yourself, you needed to become more...approachable.

Even though you were awkward around Link, his presence made you somewhat feel...nice. As if flowers were softly blooming from your skin.

He made your heart thump like no other, making your veins pump a lot more, which for some reason, would make you smile. The feeling was a comforting one, even though it felt weird.

'Link looked so nice in that shirt that he wore that night...' was a thought that randomly popped in to your head. It made you sad, because it still hurts, how you kinda just ditched him without any context.

You'd do anything for him...

...But would he do that for you, too?

The sore bubblegum feeling in your throat became stronger as your head flooded with all of these thoughts...

...and that's when you realised: you had to go back to him and apologise. And possibly, tell him how you really feel...

A/N:

I seriously wanna make this storyline in to an entire book-

I'll definitely find some way to extend the storyline.

I hope you enjoyed part 1. Part 2 will come soon!!!!

I really enjoyed writing this, I really like this storyline. I don't know why, it's just, I admire when romantic stories have a touch of angst/sadness in it.

Stay fresh! 🤙😜👋

~Tattletail-chan

💛💛💛