CHAPTER 1

"Hey Xiao! Did you know that there's a new student this year?" Hu Tao exclaimed.
Xiao nods his head, "Yes, I've heard of this new student, everyone is talking about it."

"Awww don't so blunt! We can make new friends!" the brunette cheers.
The other looks at her with a cold face, "I think having you as a friend is drowning enough," he deadpanned.

Hu Tao pouted, "Don't be such a meany!"

Clap! Clap! Jean gained the attention of the students.
"Okay class, welcome back to you first day of school," she said.
"We have a new student, please stay quiet and respectful as he introduces himself," she advised.

At that, a boy with braided hair and green tips had entered the room with a cheerful look on his face.

"Hey! My name's Venti, I hope we can all be friends!" he beamed.
"His aura is so bright.." Xiao thought as he squinted his eyes.

"Welcome Venti," Jean said.
"You may take a seat next to Zhongli," she said.

The transfer's eyes soften for a moment, but then turns back to its normal, joyful state. He nods as he goes and sits next to Zhongli.

"Zh- Oh, you're already there.." She went on.
Jean looked a little surprised. But her expression faltered as she continued class.

"How did he know who Zhongli was," Xiao thought now suspicious of him...
"Its maybe just a coincidence.." he thought again ending his suspicion.

"Heeeyyyy Xiao!" Hu Tao exclaimed. It was the end of school, so Xiao just so happened to wait for her.
"Hey.." he replied bluntly.

"What do you think of the new student?" she asked.
"You think he's cute?" the director cocked an eyebrow a smirk made it's way to her face.

Xiao looked at her as if she had gone mad,
"Why would I have such feelings for a person I never met?" he questioned.

"You're so dense," she whined.
"What do you mean?" he asked.
"Do you know about love at first sight?" she asked.
"Love at first sight?"
"Why would I believe in such a th-,"

"Heya!" a voice burst out. Xiao flinched as Hu Tao looked at the person.

It was the new student, Venti.

"Oh, you're the new student am I right?" Hu Tao asked.
"Yep! Sure am!"
"How about you?" he asked.

"I'm Hu Tao, this is Xiao!" she introduced.

"Nice to meet you Xiao, Hu Tao! Whatcha doing?" He conversed.
"Oh, Xiao and I were just about to walk back home!" she replied.
"Wanna come?" she asked.

He nods with a smile.
Xiao stands there not knowing what to do. He was never great at socializing with others.

They start walking. Hu Tao and Venti were blabbering about things.

"They seem to get along well..." Xiao whispered. He then turned to the side walk ground and watched how his shoes stepped on the concrete. He didn't know what to do, he didn't want to talk to the energetic duo in front of him. He was exhausted already.

"How about you Xiao?" Venti suddenly spoke. It gained Xiao's attention as he turns his head to Venti confused.
"What about me?" Xiao questioned.

"Do you think I look like Barbatos, the Anemo God?" he repeated.
Xiao got a quick look at his features, big green eyes, two braids, hair faded black to a green. Without a doubt he looked exactly like Barbatos.

"I suppose, you're features are similar to theirs," he answered truthfully.
"Are you a fan of some sort?" Xiao then asked.

"Ehe, I guess you can say that," Venti giggled.

They arrived at Xiao's apartment first, the Hu Tao's, leaving Venti alone, luckily, Venti's place wasn't far from Hu Tao's.

VENTI POV
I was humming while quietly walking back to my place. But tears were were streaming down my face.

"So I finally saw his reincarnation..."
"I had waited for too long.."

I look at my string, I was the only one who can see this... the only survivor of the second archon war.

The red string of fate, the very string that connects you to your ideal partner. A soulmate you may say.

I could finally see movement in the string after all these years. I smile, maybe... I have a chance of- Ah, forget it.

I arrived at the place I call "home".
I quickly wipe my tears and then yelled,
"I'm home!"

"Hey! Welcome back Venti!" Aether welcomed.

END OF CHAPTER 1

741 words

Hey yall! I've created this account for the soul purpose of making crappy stories. But if you've taken a liking to this book already then I guess it gives me a little confidence? Maybe motivation to update frequently. I might be pretty slowing with updating. If you want, feel free to give me ideas for this story if you want to see it! Anyways, Happy Birthday Xingqiu!

-0sManthUsWiN3

Published October 9, 2021