CHAPTER 14

More Albether for this chapter, enjoy~

Xiao was walking back to his house. The closer he went to his destination, the more devastation he felt. Venti was a bright light. A miracle that came during his lowest times.

Let's just say, his household wasn't perfect.

"Xiao, where were you!" a yell echoed throughout the household. The smell of alcohol reeked in every corner as cigarettes were crushed on the floor.

A glass wine bottle was then threw nearly at the teal. Fear enveloped his heart. He hated going 'home'.

He'd rather be homeless then be here.

"I was out." Xiao said his tone was cold.

"IS THAT A WAY TO SPEAK TO YOUR MOTHER?!" she said as she threw another bottle.

This time.. this bottle hit him. Luckily it only hit his leg. But the bad news was that shards sinked into his skin. The teal winced in pain.

The glass broke on his feet, thankfully he was wearing boots. The glass had gone through his skin, blood immediately dropping down his leg.

"X-Xiao, i'm sorry-,"

"I don't need your sorry, you've already made my life worse every second I see you."

It wasn't all that bad. It has happened before. He would always ask himself, "Why is he even staying here..?"

The teal immediately left the house quickly seeking medical help. Luckily Venti's hospital wasn't far from here.

Blood dripped down his leg. People looked at him with worry, but didn't even try to help him.

His leg throbbing, groaning each step he took.

He sighed in relief as he saw the medical center.
Xiao reached the inside of the brightly lit hospital, screaming a silent, "Help me.." before his vision blurred, everything turned black.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Xiao.. Xiao..Xiao..!"

The golden-eyed boy jolted up from the sudden yell. He was met by a worried look, bright green orbs with tears desperate to fall out.

"I-I was so worried..! What happened out there?" the god yelled as he grabbed Xiao's shoulders.

"Venti..? I'm fine, you don't need to worry.." Xiao weakly said, tired from awakening from his slumber.

"B-But the doctor said that you've been hit by a glass bottle, tell who is it, please.." the bard begged.

The other sighed,
"I'll tell you when i'm ready."

Xiao found out that the shards left big scars on his leg. That didn't make him particularly happy, scars reminded him of the abuse he was going through.

His mother, always drunk, the house filled with the intoxicating smell of smoke.
.
.
.
.
.
Aether was quickly grabbing groceries, wanting to leaving immediately.

Why you may ask?

Albedo was there too. Quietly grocery shopping as well.

Aether couldn't face the sight of him. Not after the last time they met, he wasn't in the right state for that.

The gold was quickly tapping his foot, waiting at the cashier line with a nervous face. Today had to be the day to get groceries. Scolding himself for deciding to go out.

"Aether?"

The braided boy recognized that voice loud and clear. He let out a shaking breath before turning to the other.

"H-Hey Albedo.." Aether greeted with a rather nervous tone.

The alchemist looked at the blonde suspiciously.

"It's nice to see you, do you.. do you mind if we get some coffee, if you have time?" the pale blonde questioned.

Aether wanted to lie, say he was busy. But the other side of him thought, Albedo was inviting him for a coffee..?

He ended up giving in and nodded,
"Sure."

The two quietly walk out of the store.

"So, about last time.. do you mind if we talk about it?" the stoic boy mentioned.

Aether tried to keep his composure, although failing terribly.

He meekly nods, and Albedo hums in response.

It was a quiet walk to the cafe. The two take their seats.

"Have you known me.. from before?.." the pale blonde questioned.

"You're just going to keep asking the same question, aren't you?" Aether sighs as he looks down on the small wooden table.

The other stays quiet.

"I-I suppose.." the alchemist unexpectedly stutters.

The golden blonde looks at the pale blonde somewhat shocked hearing the other stutter.

"I-I just wanted to know.. did you have any sort of feelings f-for me..?" the alchemist questions with hesitation.

Golden orbs widen hearing such a question. He wanted to scream yes. He wanted to send his whole heart to him. Hearing that sentence gave him false hope.

Aether shakily responds with a "no."

But the other wasn't convinced.

"You're lying again."

The gold's breath hitches.

"I had this dream once, you confessed to me.. your outfit looked strange, as if you were from another world." the alchemist explains.

"It all felt so vivid.. real, I just had to confirm it."

"My heart race-," the ocean-eyed boy suddenly was interrupted by a soft pair of lips connecting with his own. The stoic's eyes widen at the sudden action. His heart beating fast.

Without enough time to response the other quickly pulls away. Tears had already fallen from his cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry, I-.. I don't know what overcame me," Aether quickly jumped out of his seat, embarrassed, filled with hatred for himself.

He left the cafe forcing the door out his way as tears made their way down his face.

He was being a coward again.

"He'll hate me even more this time."

The gold heard silent calls for him to stop.
.
.
.
.
ALBEDO POV

I felt my heart racing at a fast speed. My cheeks felt hot as I clasped my mouth.

Vividly remember those soft lips overcoming mine. I wanted to kiss back badly.

You're in a relationship Albedo..

The pleasant scent of Cecilia emitting from the other. A scent I would never get tired of.

Think about Kaeya! He's your boyfriend!

The sweet tone of his voice, the way he talked made the day brighter. The oh so sweet sweet voice.

"I love you Albedo so much.. but I know we can't be with each other." a voice cried.

Why can we not be with each other..?

Just the thought of it breaks my heart.

END OF CHAPTER 14

1008 words

ALBETHER DEVELOPMENT LETS GOOOOOO. So sorry that I got carried away with Albether. I just had so many ideas for them today. Honestly I should've made this an Albether book at this point -.-, i'm quite rusty in writing, sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I was losing motivation too many times. I hoped you enjoyed reading though^^! (There will be some typos, i'll be revising the book later on)
                               -0sManthUsWiN3

Published March 20, 2022