CHAPTER 18

"Aether, wait!"

Before the pale blonde started to run to him, a sound of a small broken chuckle ringed behind him.

"You love him, don't you..?"

That voice. It made Albedo's heart sink in an instant.

Albedo turned around,
"K-Kaeya.. I-I."

"Shh, I get it, you found someone new." the blue-haired male grinned.

No sort of tears streamed along his cheeks, but a beaten expression was written all over his face.

"I-I'm sorry," the ocean-eyed boy looked down guiltily.

"There's no need to be sorry."
"After all, I sensed this relationship would hold not for long, so I kept my distance."

"Let's cut the ties now, shall we?"

The alchemist looked at Kaeya stunned, he never figured Kaeya would take it in the way he did now.

It made him feel unworthy for such a being.

"Thank you, Kaeya, I hope you find someone who is better than me.." Albedo hugs the other as a parting.

Kaeya hugs back with a light chuckle,
"I hope I do."
.
.
.
.
Aether looks down.

"So you guys broke up.. because of me.."

The other shakes his head.
"We both agreed we shall not take this in as a heavy burden, but restart as friends, it's okay Aether, it was never your fault."

Bright gold eyes look at one's face what was once made of chalk. Reincarnation, the moment of birth.

Such a beautiful thing, yet what if everyone runs out of time?

Not now should they think of such things. But they focused on what bloomed inside their hearts.

"Thank you Albedo.."

The alchemist smiles gently as he pulls Aether closer, leaning in for a kiss.

The clouds lifted showing the bright sun. The green leaves glowed.

Two hearts that were once broken. Have mended into one beautiful soul.

"Albedo, you were once my greatest accomplishment."

"You still are, although you died in the war, once more you shall be reborn, and immortality and love shall be your fate."
-Gold
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Xiao had avoided Venti the entire day. Venti realized he overdid it.

"Ehe.." the god saw Xiao see him and started to walk faster away from the archon.

Venti had decided, the only way to go to him without be noticed was the one and only power teleportation. He used it many times, not rather to approach someone or something, but rather.. to escape.

Mostly when Aether got mad at him for being the lazy fellow he is.

"Hey Xiao!" The bard shouted as he teleported in front of the other.

Xiao flinches at the random appearance of the other.

"V-Venti!"

"You have been avoiding me all day, it has rather been lonely besides talking to Hu Tao," Venti pouts as he crosses his arms.

The yaksha stays quiet, with an insecure look.

Venti notices his mood immediately,
"Did I overdo it..?" he thought.

"Venti, really, what are we..?" Xiao says as tears glistened, desperate to fall down.

"What do you want us to be?" the other responded.

The teal's breath hitches.

What did he want them to be?

No, he knew. He definitely knew, figured out why he felt a certain way to the god. The way his heart raced every time he saw the other. His smile, that precious bright smile. He'll never get tired of that energetic, sweet voice.

The music he makes. It's beautiful. Something in him, calms down.

"I-I love you Venti..!" the adeptus had finally gather the courage to say that simple sentence. As he did so, he knelt his head and grabbed Venti by the shoulders.

The tears already started to fall,
"I really hope you aren't trying to play with my feelings."

"Y-You're so mysterious, I want to know what we had in the past."

"I-.. I want to have what we together like back then.."

"Then why not?"

Venti gently lifts Xiao's tear-stained face and looks at him with genuine happy expression.

"I've been waiting for you to say that once more, after all these years."

"I love you too Xiao."

Their hands hold each other, as they two gently lean in for a kiss.

Venti smiles into the kiss. Nothing could compare to the complete joy he was feeling here and now.

He found his soulmate and got him back.

His one and only.

Maybe waiting all those years was worth it. The burdens had once been lifted.

The two break the kiss and look at each other.

They smile and chuckle.

The god then says,
"Let's go home now Xiao, shall we?"

The teal's heart raced. He found his love, soulmate. He found his home.

The tears that dropped weren't because of sadness, but from happiness.

Xiao nods his head, his smile bright and gentle, eyes shut when doing so.

"Let's go home."

FIN~

800 words

What is a crap way to end a story. But I guess I did say this is a crap story. I'm really happy so many read this book. Although it isn't very good, I thank you all for the support!!

This book went nowhere, it's so bad :(, but what's done is done.

                              -0sManthUsWiN3

Published April 13, 2022