CHAPTER 17

(If yall don't like Albether A LOT, I highly recommend skipping this chapter)

"Does this answer your question?"

Xiao kept thinking of that smug tone the moment after they kissed. He couldn't believe it.

Red was only shown on his face as he couldn't get the moment out his head.

"Aww is my XiaoXiao flustered~?" Venti teased with a mischievous grin.

"We s-should get going, we're going to be late." The former adeptus said as he grabbed Venti's hand, then starts to practically drag him out the house.

"Woah!" Venti gasped from the unexpected pull.

The teal's face hued red. As close to a Jueyun Chili.

The two had quickly arrived to the school, Xiao quick on his feet trying to save himself from embarrassment.

Venti chuckled at his shy reaction. It made his heart jump with joy.

The two walk to their classes and start their daily, boring, school time.

Xiao wasn't able to focus. He remembered a certain bard's lips. Softly brushing his fingertips along his lips remembering such a feeling. His face turned a deep red.

"Stop acting like a teenage girl!" Xiao scolded himself in his head.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aether was sitting dazed on bench near a park. He couldn't get his mind off the moment him and Albedo 'kissed'.

"I really messed things up, didn't I?" the blonde had whispered to himself.

Tears had already fallen in place on his lap. The sky was gloomy, matched to feel the same way he did.

(A/N: Those cliche moments, am I right?)

"Aether..?" a familiar voice called.

Aether froze from humiliation, out of all the times, they had to find each other now?

He looked up to connect eye contact to a pair of certain bright ocean eyes.

"A-Albedo.." Aether stuttered breathlessly.

Lifting his sleeve, Aether quickly wipes his eyes to remove the left over tears, trying to pretend he's okay.

The other sat down next to him and looked at him with worried eyes.

"I know you're not okay, it's okay not to hide it." the alchemist spoke.

The golden blonde looked him with surprised eyes,
"Albedo, I really don't have anything to hi-,"

"Aether."

Albedo looks at Aether with a stern glare.
"If you have anything to tell me, please say it now.."

At that, Aether had lost composure, and the awaited tears fell down again.

"I love you Albedo,  are you unable to see that?"

Aether stood up, but a hand stopped him from moving any further.

The alchemist had thought of this possible conclusion ahead of time.

The thought of Aether confessing to him with tears broke his heart.

He pulled Aether closer to him and kissed him. Cold hands softly embrace Aether's cheeks as they pull the shocked male closer.

It was only a matter of time before Aether kissed back.

Arms wrapping around the alchemist's neck, Aether melted into the kiss.

The kiss broke followed by heavy breaths in need for air.

The old traveler had noticed what they had done.

"Y-You have a boyfriend Albedo!" Aether stutters realizing.

"You c-cheated on Kaeya..!" the golden blonde loves Albedo, but he never liked cheaters.

Albedo realized he never told him about what happened recently.
"W-Wait, Aether let me explain!"

Albedo looked at Aether with desperate eyes, wanting to explain.

Gold eyes soften,
"Explain, this is your only chance."

END OF CHAPTER 17

566 words

A lot of kissing, am I right?
I didn't want those scenes where one character runs away before the other explains.

Sorry I haven't been posting. I haven't been getting good sleep, and microsleep has been quite the frequent occasion as of late. This is a short chapter, i'll hope for the next to be a little longer.
               -0sManthUsWiN3

Published April 9, 2022