Chapter 3: A Frost Dragon

Hot breath blew visibly in the cold wind, Celeste humming pop music and old RNB making the treck up the largest mountain.

Wrapped in furs and and expensive clothing imbued with heating magic, she looked down at the gorgeous scenery of the early morning sky still littered with stars. A graduation of orange, reds and pinks burnt away the darkness, making way for the sun. The thick layers of snow shining beautifully like diamonds.

Chewing on meaty jerky and taking sips of warm water on a rock, it made her think of the time when she was abandoned into the Amazon by her adopted father- really no different to how she was living her current life.

An aimless child, really not belonging anywhere, tugging on the broken necklace her mother had worn, finding it when she returned to their old village only to see it completely ravaged and laid bare by thieves.

'If I can get that dragon before the heroine it'd be good.'

Already knowing what she'd signed up for: hunting down Elias The Frost Dragon, contrary to what everyone believed Elias who posed a large threat to people in the surrounding areas was in fact a female with child.

In the novel the heroine Rose picks up a beautiful-oval shaped piece of rock, she finds at a random market stall, gifted to her by the duke during a midnight tryst.

Who knew it was a dragon egg? Considering that the heroine already had the OP powers as a saint, being able to heal and destroy as she wanted, as well as the love and protection of the three male protagonists.

Frankly a dragon egg is just wasted on her.

Standing up to continue her journey, a powerful roar echoed over the mountain startling the birds which flocked up to the sky in a hurry.

But strangely enough although she heard an earth shattering roar, she heard a woman's scolding "Who are you-young Terran to walk freely in the territory of a 200,000 year old Ice dragon?!"

Palms against her ears Celeste thought she was going insane, "I've come to claim the heart of a dragon." Replying with curiosity.

"You- you understand dragons tongue?-A mage? What kind of destiny do you have that it can't be read by a dragon!" The woman's voice chattered in bewilderment.

"...You're Elias the Frost Dragon?"

"Could I be a voice inside your head-of course I'm the dragon."

"Where are you?" Pulling out the sword which shone silver in the fiery orange sun.

"Young Terran Mage allow me to suggest a contract."

"What?"

***

"Your h- Sir Alaric, Why don't you take a rest?" Wiping the black blood off his face, huffing as
Chris bit the bandages undone on his arms with a distorted face.

"We need to make our way up north as fast as we can." A cold voice demanded hoarsely, scarlet eyes glowing with paranoia.

Staggering to his feet as he ignored the hunger, and fatigue overwhelmed with the feeling of anxiety and desperation to meet his goals.

"Hugo." A large hand grabbed his shoulder tightly making him wince, Marcus forcing him to stop in his tracks. "...Take a break."

"Duke,Get out of my way!" He seethed, grabbing him by his collar and tossing him aside.

Sneering as he wiped off the dust from his tunic he muttered softly, just enough so he could hear, clamouring to his horse.

"I guess it's true your majesty... you're looking for the Archmage." Watching him pause, his movements stiff his bloody sword clanging against the rocky ground.

"Hey Chris... perhaps-do you know someone with long white hair and purple eyes?" Watching as the knights brown eyes widened nervously.

"Celestine Nicht the strongest mage in the continent."

A tense atmosphere struck the three of them, silently staring at each other coldly.

"Two years ago I had a long dream and I remembered the memories of my past life."

Christopher explained dully, upon feeling his masters slowly rising killing intent staring at him with a faint smile.

"Your majesty-Ah you're not Emperor yet are you?... How can you break an oath with such a talented man?" Marcus asked slyly, his orange fox eyes curving with hatred.

"How can you turn your back to the magicians tower? A mage fighting for the temple- how ridiculous." Crown Prince Hugo Alaric Septimus biting back venomously, smiling with a sarcastic smile on his face.

The Dukes heir Marcus Kane Brightly, gritting his back teeth as his hand illuminated with curls of blue fire- the same colour as his hair.

"Are you sure you can even win against me?" Hugo joked, his dark armour outlining the immature muscles forming.

"Your highness, your grace stop fighting- Anyway shouldn't we have already met her by now?" The crown prince's knight , Christopher Irvin trying to calm the two of them.

"What are the chances of her knowing and purposely...?" Combing his hand through his coppery locks.

Listening in he withdrew his fireball with a deep frown on his face, "There's a possibility... but her-what did you mean by that?"

Ignoring his threatening glare, "The Archmage is a woman."

Swallowing dryly averting Hugo's probing face, hiding his shocked gaze."Your search won't work no matter how hard you try... the Archmage's hair colour changed as a result of taking something
to strengthen the body."

Successfully distracting Hugo's attention on him,
"Born with more mana circulating in her body than a human can control she drank dragons blood."

Marcus explained making his eyes swirl with thought.

"Chris contact the a mercenary guild to find out whether the grand duke has given the order to kill the frost dragon or not."