Chapter 1

A/N: Some notes before we start the story:

The plot is slightly alternated to fit the story. I will change certain things and leave things out. The story won't be identical to the actual show.

Hwang Junho is the love interest in this story. He is still a police officer, however instead of him sneaking in, he has actually joined the game.

——

How did I end up here you may ask?

Well let's start from the beginning.

I am a university graduate with a business degree. I recently tried to start my own business, but I wasn't ready for such a commitment. My lack of experience caused me to end up in thousands of debt. My family kicked me out and I was forced to find a place to live. I moved to a small apartment and haven't payed rent in over five months. I knew I could get kicked out at any moment. It was impossible for me to make money on such short notice.

A miracle.

A miracle was what I needed.

A few days later, I made my way to the subway and ran into a middle aged man in a suit. I remember being angry at him.

Why did he bump into me with such force?
Was it on purpose?

I remember scolding him before walking away. He stopped me before asking me the following question:

"Do you want to play a game with me?"

Next thing I knew, one thing led to another and I ended up here. I don't know what will happen or how I will make money. All I know is that I'm relieved to have moved away from my pathetic life.

Nothing could be worse than that, right?