Chapter 13

"You won't lose me" I told him. "We will stick together" I added. He looked away. "How did you win from Minyeo?" he asked. "Simple" I said and let out a laugh. "I stole her marbles" I grinned. He looked at me in shock. "You stole.. her marbles?" he asked. I proudly nodded. "Yeah, she was stupid enough to put them in her pocket. I lived on the streets for very long. If someone's good at pickpocketing, it's me" I said.

He looked at me with an expression that was a mixture of judgement and disgust. "You cheated" he said. "Excuse me?" I answered back. "You betrayed her. No.. you deceived her" he said. "You could have played the game fairly and accepted your faith. You either win like a champion or lose like a loser. But you just won like a loser" he said. I was taken back by his words. "You're smiling at me while explaining how you just killed someone. You killed that man last night without feeling any guilt either. You're turning into a criminal" he said.

"I'm not" I said back. "I'm doing everything it takes to survive. I don't know about you, but charity work hasn't gotten me anywhere in this game. People need to die in order for me to win" I said. "Will you betray me too?" he suddenly asked as he looked into my eyes. "Will you manipulate me, deceive me, betray me?" he asked. "Kill me?" he added as he moved closer to my face. I gazed into his eyes, they were still red and watery. He looked like he was hurting.

"Junho" I said. "I can't seem to understand what you're so mad about" I stated. "I saved your life and all you can talk about is fairness. Who gives a damn about people in a game like this?" I asked. "You're a murderer" he said.

I stared into his eyes, staying silent. "Murderer" I repeated him. "The fact that you've come so far means that people have died for you. You won and they lost. You killed all these people too" I pointed out."You killed Gihun" I told him.

He shook his head. "You're in denial" I said and looked away "Talk to me when you decide to act like an adult" I said before wanting to walk away. He pulled me back by my arm. "You're a cheater. You don't see a problem in manipulating and killing people" he said. "I never intended to hurt anyone" he said. "We are not the same" he added.

"You killed-" I started but he cut me off. "I didn't kill Gihun!" he raised his voice at me. "I'm not selfish like you" he stated. I let out a laugh. "Selfish?" I mockingly asked. "Do I have to remind you where we are?" I asked. "We either kill or get killed" I said.

"You're not like that" he said. I reached over to place my hand on his shoulder. "Are you going to hurt me?" he bluntly asked. "Hurt you?" I asked and let out a laugh. "Now why would I do that?" I asked, my fingers tracing up his arm. "You know.. Junho" I said. "There are only a few players left" I pointed out.

"Any less players would bring me closer to the prize money" I said. His eyes widened. "We can't win simultaneously" I pointed out. "You will do anything to find your brother and I will do anything to make mine proud" I said.

He shook his head. "I would never betray you" he said said before pushing me away. "You're not the same person you were when you started the game" he said. "You have to be realistic. Stop daydreaming and wake up. If you want to make it out alive, you kill people. You do whatever it takes to stay alive" I said. "So you rationalise me killing you?" he suddenly asked. It took me by surprise.

"That's the mentality that you should have" I eventually said. "Well then" he said. "We'll see who wins this game" he added.

"I'm not scared of you" I said. "You wouldn't even hurt a fly" I added. He moved closer to my face. "I've killed more people in my life than you have" he said. I looked up to meet with his eyes. "Don't tell me I wouldn't hurt a fly" he said before getting up and leaving.

I sat down on the floor. I didn't know how I felt. Was I afraid? Did I feel threatened? Did I feel unsafe? I rested my head on my hands.

"Are you ok?" I heard someone ask. I looked up to face a guy that I hadn't met before. "Yeah" I mumbled. He crouched down in front of me. "You sure?" he asked. I nodded and looked at the floor. "I think you could use some cheering up" he said. "Why don't you come to my bed and I'll show you just how happy I can make you" he said.

Was he flirting with me? "You know girls like you shouldn't be alone in this game. Team up with me, I can protect you" he said and winked at me. "No thank you" I said with a tone of disgust before wanting to walk away. He grabbed my wrist. "You can't just leave me. I am offering you so much" he said. He took a step towards me. I pushed him away. "What part of no do you not understand?" I asked.

"Why? You got someone else?" he asked. I felt anger boil inside of me. "Why don't you go bother someone else" I said. He grabbed my arm firmly but I suddenly felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist, pulling me back.

"She's with me" I heard. I turned around to face Junho. I was surprised to see him. He sat down on my bed. "You think I buy that?" the guy asked. Junho pulled my arm, making me fall onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around me as he gently caressed my face.

"What? Are you just going to stare at us like a creep or leave?" Junho asked. "You think I'd leave that easily?" the guy asked. Junho turned to face me. He examined my face, starting from my lips to my eyes. He leaned closer to my face, our lips only an inch away from each other. I slowly leaned in. He let out a soft chuckle before pulling his face away from mine.

I gazed into his eyes, a look of confusion plastered on my face. "We're not giving you a free show. You can go unless you want to see what will happen next" he told the guy and placed his hand on my upper leg, gently squeezing my thigh. The guy held his hands up in defence. "I''ll leave you two alone. You got lucky this time" he told me before walking off.

Junho immediately pushed me off his lap, making me fall to the floor. "Ouch, what was that for?" I asked in pain as I tried to get up. "For you being stupid enough to make me have to interfere" he said. "Excuse me?" I asked. "I never asked for you to interfere. You just showed up and started acting like the big alpha man that you are" I mockingly said.

"If I hadn't jumped in, you would have been in a bad situation" he said. "As if I would have let it get to that point" I said and crossed my arms.

"What was that all about back there?" he suddenly asked. I raised my eyebrows. "What?" I asked. "I thought you were actually about to kiss me" he said. I looked away in embarrassment. "Well.. you know.. I just wanted the act to look more realistic" I said. He stayed quiet.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I quickly excused myself and left. I needed time to myself to reflect on today.