Chapter 11

I looked at the contestant count. "61" I read. I knew tonight was going to become a bloodbath. The extermination of fellow contestants seemed to be allowed. I sat down, trying to think of ways to stay safe. "We should all stick together and look out for each other. People will definitely strike at night once the lights are off" I told our group.

"Agreed. We should make something like a barricade to protect ourselves" Gihun suggested. We all got up and started building the barricade. "You really think this is going to keep us safe?" Ali asked. "We can't be too sure so we will have to stay alert" Sangwoo said.

-

It was night time. I couldn't sleep. I waited in fear to see what was going to happen. Anything could happen any second now. I suddenly heard a scream, followed by a loud thud. People started waking up and before I knew it, the bloodbath I had anticipated started. Someone broke into out barricade and started attacking Gihun and the other team members. I took a step back in fear. My back hit something. I turned around to face a man who was holding a steel pipe.

I panicked as I took another step back. He swung the pipe to hit me, but I managed to dodge it. The man continued to try to attack me. He suddenly swung the pipe at me and hit me in the back. I fell to the ground, holding my back in pain. "Weaklings like you should have never joined this game" he said before wanting to hit me again. I closed my eyes in fear. Suddenly, I heard the steel pipe fall to the ground. I hesitantly opened my eyes to see someone standing in front of me.

"Go find a place where you'll be safe" he told me. "Junho?" I asked. The room was dark, making it hard for me to identify people. I shook my head. "I'm not going to leave you here" I said. "Don't worry about me just g-" he started but the man got up and punched Junho in the face. I grabbed the man's steel pipe from the floor and hit him in the head. He fell down as I continued to hit him with it. "This is what you get for calling me weak!" I scolded him. Junho grabbed my arm, preventing me from hitting the man anymore.

I turned around to face him. "That's enough" he said. "No! He needs to die" I said. "He will come for us if we don't finish him right now" I said. The man was bleeding heavily. "We can't do this" Junho said. "Either we kill him or-" I started but he cut me off. "You're better than that" he said. I looked him in the eyes. The sound of people screaming in the back was making my heart race.

I turned back around without saying anything before slamming the steel pipe into the man's chest. Junho's eyes widened as he looked at me. "You can thank me later" I said. He wanted to get mad at me but I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and immediately felt someone's hands wrap around my throat. I struggled as I tried to push this person's hands away. He backed me up against the wall. I couldn't breathe. I desperately gasped for air. The guy's hands tightened around my neck. I felt like I was going to pass out any second now. Junho managed to make the guy let go by hitting him in the head. I fell to the floor as I tried to regain my breath. I started coughing heavily.

I looked up to see them fighting. I watched as the guy punched Junho multiple times. I wanted to help him, but I couldn't. My head was spinning. I slowly tried to get up on my feet as I felt yet another person's hands on me. I felt something hit my head and before I knew it, I passed out. "Y/n!" I heard.

Junho's P.O.V

I watched as she collapsed onto the floor. I had to help her. The guy in front of me was strong. I wasn't able to beat him by myself. He grabbed me by my hair before punching me in the face. I spat out blood. My face was sore and my knuckles were bleeding.

Suddenly, a group of people started attacking the guy. "Are you ok?" I heard someone ask. I looked up to see Gihun. "I'm alright" I said and thanked him. I quickly looked over at Y/n. I rushed my way towards her and tried to shake her awake. "Y/n wake up" I kept repeating as I was rocking her back and forth. "Come on, wake up" I said. She slowly opened her eyes. She let out a groan as I saw her hold her head.

"You got hit in the head" I told her. She laid her head on my lap. "It hurts" she said. "I know it does. Don't worry, you're safe now" I reassured her.

Your P.O.V

He picked me up from the floor. "Put me down, I can walk myself!" I protested. "You hit your head pretty badly, you might have a concussion" he said.

"We all need to stop fighting please!" we suddenly heard someone plead. I looked up to see the old man from our tug-of-war team. He continued to explain why we all had to stop fighting and that there was no use in violence. Suddenly, the lights got switched on and a bunch of guards entered the room.

They started putting all the dead bodies into boxes. I let out a groan as Junho placed me onto my bed. "My head" I whined as I held my pained head. "It will go away, just make sure you rest well" he said. I examined his face now that the lights were on. "Are you ok?" I asked worried. "You're bleeding" I added. He reached for his face as he noticed the blood. "Let me take care of y-" I started but he cut me off. "You did enough" he said.

I slowly let my head fall back onto my pillow. I looked at my hands.

Blood.

"I..I killed someone" I suddenly realised. "With my own hands" I added. Junho looked away. "You think I'm a monster don't you?" I asked ashamed. He stayed quiet. "The silence isn't helping" I commented. He let out a sigh. "I'm a police officer. I just.. I can't justify killing people like this" he said. "He tried to kill us" I pointed out. He shook his head.  "You don't get it" he said. "Are you disappointed in me?" I asked. He didn't respond and made his way to his own bed. "You're unbelievable. I saved our lives back there and you're acting like I committed a crime" I said. He laid down in his bed, ignoring what I just said.

I groaned as I held my head. It hurt a lot. "You know" he said. I rolled over to face his bed. "You just killed someone with your bare hands and don't even feel remorse" he said. "That's how those guards feel about us" he added. "We mean nothing to them. We aren't worth anything out here. Sooner or later we will die" he said.

"Stop saying that" I responded. "We won't die" I added. "How do you know?" he asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "How are you so sure we won't die? Why do you keep saying we will make it out alive? What do you know that I don't?" he asked.

I stayed quiet. "Are you asking or suspecting me?" I asked before rolling onto my other side. "Talk to me when you come back to your senses" I added before closing my eyes.