Chapter 6

After a while, I got out of bed. I aggressively wiped the tears off my face and walked up to the middle of the room. "Let's make an end to this psychotic game!" I yelled. I looked up at the piggy bank. "All those dead people" I said. "They all died for money. Is money really worth that much?!" I yelled. "Look at the contestant count" I said. I saw everyone looking up at the board. "60 people died today over a stupid game" I said. "We started with 456 players. There are only 203 left. 253 innocent people have died in three days" I pointed out.

"Only one person will walk out of here with that money. The chance that it's going to be you is extremely small" I said. "And if you do win, think about all the innocent people that had to die for it" I added. "I agree!" a woman yelled. "This is cursed money!" she added. "This place is messed up. We deserve to leave whenever we want" someone else said. "I agree! This is inhuman!" a man yelled.

People started massively yelling and protesting to vote. "Alright then" we heard through the speakers. "We will hold a voting" we heard. I watched as the guards prepared a table.

"Please line up in a straight line. In front of you, you will see two buttons. Press the red button if you want to leave and the green button if you want to stay" we heard the instructions.

We all lined up. I was the first to go. Without hesitation, I pressed the red button. More people followed behind me. Some people voted green. I watched as Dongyeon made his way to the buttons. He pressed green. The group members from my brother's group also pressed green. I felt sick by just looking at them. The voting was nerve racking. 100 votes red and 101 votes green. There were two people left. A woman and a man.

The woman made her way to the buttons and pressed red. "101 red and 101 green votes" I mumbled to myself. The last man made his way to the buttons. He stood there for a while. My legs were shaking. "Please" I whispered to myself. He raised his hand before slowly pressing the red button. "Yes!" I exclaimed. I quickly made my way to my bed and put on my jacket. "Time to leave this hell" I said.

I looked over at Dongyeon. He seemed rather sad. "Are you actually disappointed that this game is over?" I asked him. "Why would you want to stay here? For money? Is that what you want?" I asked. He stayed quiet. "I have my reasons" he said. I looked at his left cheek and saw a small cut. "What happened?" I asked. "Nothing" he said and got up.

"Dear contestants, as the voting has indicated that the majority of you wants to leave, we will be bringing you guys back. Thanks for playing and have a nice trip back" we heard through the speakers.

"Nice trip" I repeated in disgust. I was absolutely horrified. I never wanted to play games in my life ever again. All contestants gathered together and were put in different black vans. The van got filled with gas to put us asleep.

-

Next thing I knew, I woke up in the middle of nowhere.

I looked around me, it was dark. A few street lights were lighting up the road. I noticed that my legs and hands were tied together. I reached into my back pocket to see that I had my phone again. I struggled but managed to open the map application on my phone. I saw that I was about 40 minutes away from my apartment.

I was alone and no one seemed to walk by at this hour. I tried to untie myself but it was no use. I crawled to the side of the sidewalk. I decided to wait there until someone would come. I was cold and hungry. I didn't remember the last time I had a proper meal. I desperately waited for someone to help me.

"Excuse me" I heard behind me. I turned around to face an old lady. "Are you alright?" she asked me. "No" I shook my head and showed my hands and legs. "Could you please untie me?" I asked her. She crouched down in front of my and pulled a pair of scissors out of her bag. "What happened to you?" she asked me. I stayed quiet. "Nothing" I eventually replied. I thanked her for releasing me and looked around to see my old clothes laying on the floor.

I hesitantly made my way over to them and got dressed. I turned on my phone and followed the route of the map.

It took me a while before I got home.

I pulled the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door. I was greeted by 10 envelopes on the door mat. They were all reminders and warnings for me to pay my rent. I slammed the door shut before sitting on my couch. I tried to think of ways to pay off my debts.

I applied for different jobs after my company went bankrupt. Nobody wanted to hire me. They all knew I was in debt and they could tell that I was extremely desperate for the job. I made my way to the fridge and made myself some food. I sat down at the dining table before eating the food in absolute silence.

All I could think about was my brother. I needed to take revenge for him. I had to find whoever was behind that sick and twisted game.