Chapter 7

I woke up with a headache. I barely slept last night. All I could think about were the dead bodies, the screams, and cries for help from all those innocent people. I held my pained head as I got out of bed.

I decided to take a shower to clear my mind. After I freshened up, I got dressed. I made myself breakfast and opened the window of my bedroom for some fresh air. I planned on visiting the police station today to tell them about that horrible game. I hoped that more people had witnessed already.

I looked inside my wallet to see that I had just enough money to take the bus. I walked outside and waited at the bus stop. It felt weird being back in the real world. At the same time, I felt relieved. I used to think that this place was hell but after what I have witnessed, I have changed my mind.

The bus soon arrived and I stepped in.

-

I made my way to the police station and greeted everyone once I entered the building. "I would like to report something to the police" I said. A police chief was ready to hear me out. "Of course" he said and signalled for me to sit down. I sat down in front of him and explained the situation.

"So you're telling me" he laughed. "That a bunch of adults were playing kid games and they would get killed if they lost?" he asked. I nodded. "It's real. They put you in a van at night and put you to sleep. When you wake up, you're in different clothes and they will make you follow all of their rules. They make you play kids games for money. Every dead person will be equivalent to a certain amount of money" I explained. The chief gave me a weird look.

"I've written everything down that you just told me and I don't mean this with any disrespect but your story sounds absolutely ridiculous" he said. I felt anger boiling inside of me. "It's true!" I protested. "I'm sorry ma'am but you have no evidence or proof that any of this happened. From what I'm hearing right now, you seem to be confused" he said.

I slammed my fist on the table. "I still have the invitation card" I said and handed him the card that the middle aged man gave to me at the subway. "There's a number on it, you can call it" I said and crossed my arms. The chief dialed the number and waited for anyone to pick up. "Ask if they want to play a game with you" I said.

"Hello goodmorning, I would like to ask if you would like to play a game with me?" he asked. An old lady on the other line started yelling at him. "You pervert. How dare you ask me such a thing!" she said before hanging up. "Is this a joke?" the chief asked me. "Are you here to waste my time?" he asked.

"No I swear!" I defended. "It's the truth" I added. Another officer walked up to me. "If you need any mental help-" he started but I cut him off. "I don't!" I yelled. "I'm telling the truth" I added. "They are killing innocent people over money" I said. "Please just believe me" I added.

"The report. Sorry I'm late" I heard behind me. A guy handed the chief a file with documents. "Good work officer Hwang. And about those few days you took off. I will let it slide. You're one of my best agents. I'm sure you had a good reason" he smiled at the guy.

I turned around to face whoever was standing behind me. "D-Dongyeon?" I asked shocked. "What are you doing here?" I asked. He didn't answer me. "Are you also here to witness?" I asked. I pushed him in front of the chief. "Tell him everything you know about that game" I said. The chief gave him a confused look. "Officer Hwang, do you by any chance know this lady?" he asked him. Dongyeon turned around and looked at me. "No" he bluntly said.

"Ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to leave-" the chief started. "Hwang?" I then asked. "I thought your last name was Park" I said. "Ma'am you are confusing him with someone else. This is officer Hwang Junho. You can read it on his name tag" the chief told me.

"Junho" I said as I looked at him. My eyes widened. The same cut on his left cheek was still visible. "You liar!" I exclaimed. "Tell him about the game" I said. He remained silent. "Tell him!" I repeated as I raised my voice. "I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about" he replied. My heart sunk. I felt like I was going to go insane.

"Stop lying" I said. "I'm not-" he started but I cut him off. "My brother died you bastard! And you were there!" I screamed. "You saw all those people dying and you didn't do anything! Why would a police officer participate in a game like that? For money?" I asked. "Tell your boss the truth" I demanded. He stayed quiet. "Ma'am, there seems to be a misunderstanding. Officer Hwang doesn't seem to know who you are. On top of that, your story is unreliable and lacks evidence" the chief said.

I shook my head. I grabbed Junho by the face and pulled him closer to me. "Listen here you bastard" I said. My eyes were bloodshot red from all the crying. "You are going to witness" I said. "You will tell them about the game. The game that killed innocent people" I added. "The game that killed my brother!" I yelled at him with tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry" is all he said. "What do you mean you're sorry?" I asked. "Sorry for lying?" I asked. "For acting like you don't know me?" I asked. "For letting all those people die while you just watched!?" I raised my voice at him.

The chief walked up to me. "You are causing unnecessary problems. If you can manage to find me evidence or useful information, I will listen to your story. Until then, I'm kindly requesting you to leave" he said.

I let go off Junho. "I'm not done here" I warned before storming out of the police station. I went outside and sat in front of the building. I wasn't going to let them off the hook.