Chapter 14

Time passed by quickly as it soon became night time. I laid down in my bed and closed my eyes.

"You really thought you could get rid of me that easily?" I suddenly heard a voice. I immediately opened my eyes to see who it was. The room was dark and I didn't know where the voice came from. "You will pay for humiliating me" I heard. I felt a pair of hands wrap around my neck. I frantically shook my head as I tried to escape. "I'm not interested in you. Hell, I just wanted us to have some fun. You didn't know who you were messing with when you decided to turn me down" he said.

"Stop" I choked out, gasping for air. I felt his grip tighten around my throat. "Pathetic how you can't handle rejection" I suddenly heard a familiar voice. I looked behind the guy to see Junho. He grabbed the guy by his neck before pulling him away from me.

The guy let go of me before pulling a knife out of his pocket. "You think you can be her savior?" he laughed. "Bring it on tough guy" he added. I watched as they started fighting. I tried to regain my breath. The guy suddenly pulled me up from my feet and held me in a hostage position. He held the knife up to my neck. "You're strong, you bastard" he cursed at Junho.

"One step towards me and the girl dies" he warned. Junho slowly took a step forward. "I'm serious!" the guy called out. I flinched as I felt the cold blade of the knife interact with my skin. "Junho please stay away" I said. "Listen to the girl and no one will get hurt" he said.

I looked at Junho. His eyes were dark. He didn't like what he was hearing. I felt the tension rise. "You're right" he suddenly said. "I shouldn't interfere" he added. My eyes widened. I watched as he turned around to walk away.

The guy put the knife down and pulled me closer to him. He lifted my chin with one finger and looked into my eyes. "Now that he's gone, what do you think about spending some time with me?" he winked at me. I stepped on his toes before head-butting him, making him drop his knife. I was about to kick him when I saw Junho had beaten me to it.

He pinned the guy to the ground with ease. "You messed with the wrong person" he told him. The guy laughed. "Just kill me already" he said. "If you dare" he added and continued to laugh. Junho grabbed the knife that had fallen onto the ground. My eyes widened as I watched him stab the guy without hesitation.

He pulled out the knife before stabbing him again.
I watched as a pile of blood surrounded the man's body. Junho looked down at his hands as blood was dripping onto the floor. He dropped the knife before turning to look at me.

I slowly walked over to him and stared at the dead body in front of us. He wiped his bloody hands onto his shirt. "I had no choice" he said.

I looked up at him. "Don't feel bad about this" I told him. He looked back at me. "Are you alright?" he asked. "I'm fine" I replied. "What about you?" I asked back. He stayed quiet. "I'm sorry this is all happening-" I started but he cut me off. "It's late, we should get back to bed" he said.

I hesitantly nodded as we made our ways back to our beds. My entire body was still shaking from adrenaline. I kept tossing and turning in my sleep.

My uneasiness eventually grabbed Junho's attention. "Y/n?" he whispered. I froze at the sound of his voice. "Are you ok?" he asked. I stayed quiet and turned around to face his bed. "I'm scared" I admitted. "Scared about what might happen to either of us" I added. He let out a sigh and got out of his bed. He made his way over to mine. I gave him a confused look. "Come on, scoot over" he said and laid down next to me. He pulled the sheets over us.

"You have nothing to worry about" he reassured me. I stared into his eyes. "What about everything we said earlier? What if we end up betraying each other?" I asked him. "Why would we do that?" he asked back. "We're both here with a goal" I pointed out. "What if we become selfish?" I asked. He shook his head. "We won't" he said.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked. "I just know" he answered. We both stayed quiet as we closed our eyes and tried to fall asleep. I slowly placed my head on his chest. I felt him tense up. I immediately pulled my head back but he suddenly grabbed my arm, making me clash into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and placed my head on his chest.

"If it will help you fall asleep, we can stay like this" he whispered to me. I closed my eyes. His warmth made me feel safe. The sound of his heartbeat and soft breathing was calming in some way. It was strange to realise that someone who you haven't met for that long, could make you feel this way.

I opened my eyes to see that he was already half asleep "Junho" I whispered. "Mhm?" he replied. I examined his face, my eyes wandering from his lips to his eyes. "I'm sorry" I suddenly said. He gave me a puzzled look.

"For what?" he asked back. "For being mean to you earlier on. I'm not the only one who's having a hard time. You are struggling as well." I said as I looked away. "You've been so loyal to me" I said ashamed. "You think too much" he answered.

"I can't help but feel terrible about everything" I said. "Stop overthinking" he groaned as he rolled onto his side. "But-" I started but he cut me off. "I'm trying to sleep" he complained. "You're such a jerk sometimes you know that" I said back. "Mhm" he replied as he nuzzled his face into the blanket. I let out a sigh as I closed my eyes to sleep as well.

I couldn't help but think about today's events. That man's dead body was still on the floor. It didn't seem like anyone noticed he's been killed. Aren't we under surveillance? Why haven't any guards come to pick him up yet?

"Junho" I whispered, earning a grunt from him. "Don't you wonder-" I started but he cut me off.  "Stop talking" he demanded. "You're not even listening" I pointed out. "Please" he mumbled with his face pressed into the mattress. "Just listen-" I started but he suddenly rolled over and cupped my face in both of his hands.

"W-What are you-" I started but was cut off as his lips made contact with mine. I tensed up as he got on top of me, intensifying the kiss. "Relax" he whispered against my lips. My heart was beating extremely fast. He slowly pulled back, leaving the warmth of his lips lingering on mine. I gazed into his eyes, trying to let everything process.

"Why did you do that?" I asked flustered. "I had to shut you up some way" he answered. I punched his shoulder. "You're a jerk, I stand by that" I said as I pushed him off of me. He let out a soft chuckle. "Goodnight Y/n" he said. "Whatever, goodnight I guess" I mumbled slightly embarrassed.