Illegal Love: Chapter Five

"Alright I got the books" I said as I walked though my bedroom door, giving Simon the things I got for his hand and setting down the learning books.

"Okay, how did you even get those books?" Simon asked, kind of weirded out and took the things for his hand.

I mean, I get it. Who just has learning books for primary school kids?

"These are my younger brother's, he used them when he was your age," I said the last of the sentence to Lumi, kind of sweating.

I hope Lumi doesn't start asking about him because some bad memories might bubble up and I would start crying and that would be embarrassing.

"You have a brother?!" She emphasized the brother part.

"Yeah, I do. He's thirteen right now" I answer.

Please don't ask questions.

"Where is he?"

I knew she meant nothing of what she said but tears started to well up in my eyes and one almost fell before I wiped it.

Simon was looking at me the entire time I was answering Lumi's questions and I think he saw my tears. I also thought I saw something in his eyes that I couldn't quite understand.

"Ah..uh let's start with the books now okay?"

__________________

Simons POV:

I saw the kid with tears in his eyes when answering my sisters questions. I was kind of confused and intrigued.

Wait.

What the fuck? I'm not interested with this kid's life.

The kid sets down the learning books and starts helping my sister understand it all.

I was never able to get her into school. By now, she would be in second grade and already know this stuff. But in our town, you need to pay monthly to be in school. I don't have the money for that because of all the bills I need to pay. Why? Because everyone knows that my dad isn't going to pay for shit.

I think it's nice of the kid to do this for her. He's been really nice to her in general.

As much as I don't want to associate myself with him, I really appreciate it...

He looks cute with her..a small fond smile comes onto my face and I didn't even realize it.

_____________

Antonio's POV:

Lumi is asleep now and one of the math books is laying on her stomach

To be honest, she looks really adorable.

That left Simon and me
Alone.
Together.
In silence.

We made eye contact for a few seconds before I looked away awkwardly.

He broke the silence and my heart started racing about what he said.

"What's wrong with your brother?" He said, less sympathetic than I would have hoped.

"Um, he has cancer...but I haven't seen him in a while...my parents don't let me" I said, forcing words out of my mouth. Yet they came easy with him like he wouldn't judge me on this.

"Oh shit! Uh...I'm sorry?" He said it like a question. He didn't know how to comfort me it was cute so I smiled a little.

"What the fuck is funny?" Simon said, standing up from the window sill with a cocked eyebrow.

"You're really bad at comforting people" I said, with the small smile still on my face but still trying to hide it.

He looked a little offended and then sat on my bed next to Lumi putting his fingers through her hair.

I look at Lumi. The blood stain on her shirt Simon's bandaged up hand gave me bad vibes. Not from Simon or Lumi, but something I was unsure of.

Something tingled and twisted at my heart.

I don't want them to leave. Not if they'll come back like this.

I want no more tears on Lumi's face.

Never again.

"My parents are out for a month. They go out once a month every year but there are security cameras everywhere. They don't exactly trust me...But I was wondering..."

Simon cocked his eyebrow again, insinuating for me to continue.

"Would you and Lumi like to stay over for the month?"

—————————
633 words...IM SO SORRY. IT'S SO SHORT.
If you like the book so far, give us some support. If we see that people are starting to discover it, we will continue writing.