Illegal Love: Chapter Eight

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. I was beyond shocked. I wouldn't say Simon looked like the type to be all over girls, but he most certainly didn't look gay.

I mean, there is no true way to look gay or straight. Or any other sexuality in general.

Even despite all that, why are all the girls not all over him? Then again, it doesn't seem like he's fond of people considering his small group so it makes sense with his scary face that girls would be much more terrified and turned off to go near him.

"Really?" I question.

"Yep, very. He's never had an eye for girls but never really a connection with any guy either."

"You're okay with it, right?" Josh asked like he was unsure of what I thought about it.

I nod slowly.

"Yea. It just sucks that he's here, in this "project," being gay. This place sucks" I say with air quotes.

He looks at me with a weird and doubting face.

"And you're still saying that you're not gay?" he questions, with an eyebrow raised and a look that says "bull."

I look at him with my eyebrows furrowed. With my arms wrapped around Lumi, I reply, "yea, I'm not gay. I'm straight."

He bursts out laughing. He clutches his stomach and bends at an unsymmetrical ninety-degree angle.

I scoff at his ridiculousness and pout on Lumi's shoulder.

I hear steps coming towards us and I look up to see Simon heading towards us with his hoodie in hand.

He hands it to me and picks up Lumi.

I see as hand veins flex and his collarbones pop out when he picks up Lumi.

I swallow my saliva and I feel my cheeks warm up.

I put on the hoodie that was slightly big on me. Not too big though. Just enough to the point where the sleeves passed my knuckles.

"Alright, I'm going to go fix the engine" Josh announces out of nowhere and makes his way back to the car.

I push my thighs together and squirm when Simon looks at me with a numb face.

It was kind of scary and it reminded me of when my dad would look at me when I messed up something.

Although, his face wasn't as intimidating as Simon's.

He smirks with a small chuckle for some reason and places Lumi on my lap again.

She snuggles in me once more and I smile at her, snuggling my head in her hair.

"I have to work for a few more hours so you can go inside or stay out here. I don't really care."

I frown at him but just shake my head. "It's fine, I'll stay out here."

He shrugs his shoulders and makes his way back to the car.

This is gonna be a while.

____

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I slowly open my eyes.

I look up at Simon confused who had an energetic Lumi in his arms.

"You fell asleep and Lumi woke up about an hour ago."

I look outside through the open garage door and see the stars glistening and the moon in the sky.

How long have I fallen asleep?