34 ; epilouge

four years later

four years later

"LULI WHERE'S THE FUCKING CAMERA I LITERALLY CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE."

"you're holding it winwin."

"oh."

luli laughed, pushing winwin towards the car so that they could leave for ningning's graduation. she would finally be getting out of college, and they wanted the moment to be captured in 4k.

they arrived at the university, where they got to their seats and started fussing over the camera.

"why did we bring it if we can barely even use it?" luli hissed, and winwin shrugged and continued to struggle with it. he finally got it to work, and they started searching the sea of students for ningning.

the three made eye contact, a bright smile stretching across ningning's lips as she waved enthusiastically. the couple waved back, already tearing up like proud parents.

it'd been a rocky four years since that fateful night at the warehouse. loads of therapy, and just supporting each other as they worked through all of the heavy stuff. things were a lot better however.

closure had been brought at last, and their fallen friends still lived on in their memories. they visited their graves weekly, sharing the weeks events and special moments to and with the spirits of the other raccoon enthusiasts.

luli smiled down at the ring on her finger as the ceremony started. they cheered the loudest when ningning's name was called, the youngest finally graduating with honors. winwin had cheered so loud that he almost dropped the camera.

after the ceremony, ningning ran up to them with the biggest smile gracing her face, jumping into luli's arms. she reached her hand up and high-fived winwin over luli's shoulder.

"i'm so proud of you ningning."

"proud of you ning. shall we get going now?" winwin asked, and the three all made their way back to the car, driving off to the cemetery.

still in her cap and gown, ningning went ahead of luli and winwin, and sat on her knees in front of kun's grave first, still keeping her smile.

"hey," she started, taking off her cap out of repsect and smoothing out her hair, "i hope yangyang's not bothering you too much up there. um, i graduated today. you always said i could, so i thought i'd come and share the moment with you. luli and winwin are here too, but i kind of went ahead of them so that i could share the news with you first."

luli and winwin joined her in that moment and sat on either side of her. at ningning's silence, winwin piped up, "he'd be proud of you."

ningning nodded, her smile going from happy to bittersweet, "i know. raised me when my parents didn't want to. why do you think i moved out of the house before i even turned eighteen?"

like it was on cue at the mention of ningning moving out, they bid their goodbyes to kun and moved on to where yiren's grave lay. fresh flowers adorned the stone. her parents must've visited recently.

"hi bestie," ningning whispered, "i did it. i'm finally out of your least favorite place, school. i just wish you could have been here to see it. i love you always, even if you're kind of a hardass." she kissed the tips of her fingers, pressing them to the top of the grave.

they walked to each grave and let ningning share her graduation victory with each of them, luli and winwin not saying anything, just there for support.

they finally stopped at ten's grave, and ningning couldn't hold it in anymore. she let herself burst into tears as winwin and luli wrapped their arms around her in a comforting hug.

it's painful, yes, but kun, ten, lucas, xiaojun, hendery, yangyang, and yiren would always be with them, and luli, winwin, and ningning would have each other.

always.

FIN.

ROLL THE CREDITS

CAST (whew big cast)
wen luli       zhou jieqiong
qian kun
chittaphon leechaiyapornkul
dong sicheng
wong yukhei
wong kunghang
xiao dejun
liu yangyang
wang yiren
ning yizhuo
wong gaahei
wen junhui
xu minghao
lai guanlin
zhong chenle
huang renjun
zhou tzuyu
song yuqi
yeh shuhua
moon taeil
johnny suh
lee taeyong
kim doyoung
jung jaehyun
jung jinsol
kim jungwoo
mark lee
lee jeno
lee donghyuck
na jaemin
park gowon
osaki shotaro
jung sungchan
park jisung
im (moon) yeojin
wen rong                                       a psycho killer guy
wen jiao                                                        rip 😔 🤚
bomb                                               *explosion noises*
all them guns                                                pew pew
the gas station attendant                      a life saver
lingyun the lawyer under-appreciated

CREW
written by me
directed by me
produced by me
based on the movie by me
based on the tv show by me
based on the novel by me
based on the musical by me
craft services by my kitchen

THE AUTHOR WOULD LIKE TO GIVE SPECIAL THANKS TO:

ruth                                 proof-reader and bestie ty for putting up with me ily
benji                                       emotional support dog
my bed                                              wrote a lot in it
my fic writing playlist           comfort playlist tbh
my old iphone 7                  started this piece of shit on it so ig it deserves a credit
ace                                     LEMME WRITE BITCH QUIT TEXTING ME
aespa, everglow, loona, seventeen, twice, gidle                 *chef's kiss* also ty for suppling cast members
ioi                                                   i miss you 😔 🤚
ALL of the rest of nct                        ugh sexc
wayv                                                     SEXCCCCCC
very first reader               idk who you are but sexc
ALL the readers                         SO SEXCCCCCCCC