03

luli checked the apartment number one more time, took a deep breath, and knocked on what was hopefully the door of xiaojun and lucas's apartment

"ⁱˡˡ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ" a voice yelled in tiny. luli took another deep breath as she saw the door knob turn, revealing a smol and shocked ningning on the other side.

"hi ning-" "AAAAAHHH YOU CAME BACK!!"

ningning jumped into luli's arms, bursting into tears. luli hugged her close, feeling her own tears well up.

"PLEASE don't tell me it's that pizza guy again- HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S LULI." hendery slipped and landed on the floor from shock.

the other members of the friend group, aside from winwin, ten, and yangyang who were out getting snacks, all came running in, pretty much screaming at the sight of their old friend who had finally come home.

after group hugging, individual hugging, tears, and lucas smacking luli because he thought she was a hologram, they all sat down to catch up.

luli told them about her adventures in korea, and they told her stories of fun times she had missed. they also spilled tea on things that had happened, like how xiaojun almost joined a cult and kun got doxxed by his crazy ass ex.

she felt a pang in her heart, just a small one. i've missed out on so much.

after a little bit, kun asked, "wait wait wait w a i t, how the hell does luli know where xiaojun lives?" he squinted at luli skeptically.

luli laughed and squinted back, "i've been stalking him. no haha, i matched with him on lost hotline, it downloaded out of no where."

the rest of the group all recalled and told luli of the day lost hotline also downloaded on it's own on their phones, the only one who actually got it off the app store being yangyang because he nEeDeD bEtTeR fRiEnDs.

speaking of the devil, almost as if on cue, yangyang barged into the room, saying something about how overpriced the snacks were and that they all owed him, throwing them at the friend group. he stopped, shocked the sight of luli.

"am i hallucinating or is that luli?" he gasped dramatically, "or is that a hologram?"

"you yiren and lucas really need to let the hologram thing go." luli laughed and got up to hug yangyang, who gladly accepted, internally freaking out about that she came back.

"jeomjeom deo dugeun- no way."

ten stood in the door way, a hand over his mouth, winwin right behind him on the verge of tears. they both also kinda looked like this 👁👄👁.

luli felt her eyes tear up, seeing her two closest friends for the first time in two years. in fact, winwin is actually her ex, but they broke up about a month before luli left china, nevertheless staying best friends. if she was being honest, luli hasn't really moved on.

neither has he.

winwin pushed past ten , wrapping his arms around luli, letting the tears fall.

luli burst into tears as well, wrapping her arms tighter around winwin, never wanting to let go.

of course, the hug had to end at some point. she pulled away, giving winwin a soft smile and wiping his tears away.

"what the hell am i? chopped liver?" ten said, sticking his arms out for a hug. luli did a lil run thing over, embracing her best friend.

"yiren are you crying?" lucas laughed and pointed at yiren, who sniffled and wiped under her eyes. yangyang threw a tissue at her.

"i-i'm just really happy luli is back."

the mentioned let go of ten, walking over to yiren and tackling her in a big bear hug.

"i'm really happy to be back."

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

i rewrote like half of this while listening to loona for the first time 😌💅 it was christmas day 2020 so let's see how long it takes for me to feel comfortable enough to publish this book. i think i started writing and planning this book in what...september? it's probably gonna be a while