Three birds

So far Tubbo's day has been relatively boring. Granted, so far he's just got ready, drank a smoothie, made some jam and lay on the couch with his housemates. He knows he should set his stand up for selling tomorrow before riding practice but he's currently content with watching Ranboo stare out the window with a flicking tail like a dog impatiently waiting for their owner to get home.

Michael is also staring out the window, probably because Tommy just left for lunch with his boss, Jack manifold. Apparently the blaze hybrid had felt bad for making him come in so often just because travel was taking a lot longer to slow down than it normally does after events and invited him. All Tubbo knows is that the lunch only serves to keep Tommy away from home even on his day off when the younger boy's absence is obviously  getting on Ranboo's nerves... and Tubbo's but he's more used to and comfortable with being on his own.

Ranboo normally is only away from his housemates for work or helping at the bakery and even during the winter when he's spending almost all day every day at that rich asshole's place he's helped by his coworker. It makes Tubbo feel guilty just thinking about it but he doesn't know what to do about it, he can't change Tommy's schedule and he doesn't think keeping a dragon waiting is a good idea. He doesn't want to risk his bond with this dragon after all of this time even if it was to keep Ranboo from getting lonely.

He sighs, trying to figure a way out of this conundrum. He considers simply suggesting that the hybrid helps at the bakery but he knows that The enderman hybrid specifically is missing his haunting. He almost gives up when the best idea occurs to him. Suddenly he jumps to his feet and rushes over to Ranboo with bounce in his step, not letting his brain think before his idea spills from his lips.

''Ranboo! Youre going to dragon riding with me today!''

''Ok? Wait wha-''

Tubbo grabs the enderman's hand and walks towards his room, the stuffy suit Ranboo often insists on wearing even if he's home alone wouldn't work when riding on Mellohi's back, it would tear at the least and prevent him from being able to get a good enough grip to stay on at the worst.

" get changed, big man! Something with a lot of give so you don't die "

"But I-"

Ranboo's panicked voice is almost enough to get Tubbo to back off but he's too stubborn and this is too good of an idea. He makes it clear to Ranboo that he doesn't have a choice before grabbing the clear coat Ranboo wears when it's too humid outside in case they end up flying and the clouds are wet enough to hurt him.

Luckily it doesn't take long before Ranboo, with nervousness practically oozing from him, leaves his room with sweats and a Hawaiian shirt. Much better.

Tubbo has to admit that he could have been nicer about his idea but he makes sure to do his best to calm the taller boy's anxiety. He explains his idea a little better and assures Ranboo that Mellohi won't hurt him. He thinks it worked until the sound of the dragon landing outside makes Ranboo fluff up his tail like a cat.

Even so Tubbo takes his hand and walks him outside. Ranboo is trembling and gripping his hand, making his fear of the large animal plenty obvious.

" hey Mellohi, Ranboo's going to join us today if that's fine. "

The dragon doesn't respond until Ranboo gets closer, an instinctual growl seeming to force its way out of the beast's throat before being forcibly silenced. Tubbo appreciates the beast refraining from scaring the boy next to him anymore. He feels eyes on him as he easily boards the dragon's back and helps Ranboo up, the younger doesn't even need help from Mellohi's wings. Once he makes certain that Ranboo is settled the goat hybrid turns to the dragon under him