Night light heart

As Tommy walks from the kitchen to his bed he can't help but feel the way the house has begun to reek of anxiety, he also can't help but feel he's the main contributor. Sure Ranboo's tail has been flicking with energy more often than laying still and Tubbo's anxiety about the competition rolls off the smaller hybrid like sweat every time silence begins to stretch but Tommy must be the main contributor.

He feels justified in his reasoning even if he wishes with all his being that Ranboo and Tubbo didn't notice like they must have.

He changes into soft pajamas decorated with sheep but they don't comfort the deep ache in his bones like they did even just a few days ago. The idea of ten times the people he can name staring down at him was overwhelming on its own but Tubbo's new plan for three days for now has only made him feel inconsolable.

Tubbo and Ranboo agreed that the three would all fly there on Mellohi then Tommy and Ranboo would try and scrounge up tickets while Tubbo gets ready and greet him at the gate afterwards in a worse case scenario.

The flaw is obvious in Tommy's eyes because he can't carry himself nor can he be in the audience and part of the action at the same time.

A whine threatens to sound but he forces it back down, along with his dinner.
He hears the shower turn off and the click of a door signaling the last of his housemates going to bed.

He climbs into bed and curls his blankets around himself, it's warm but his body refuses to let him be comfortable for once.

He can feel his heart hammer against his rib cage, threatening to shatter the already aching bones in his body.

Tears threaten to spill down the side of his face.

His tail tries to flick back and forth, trapped by the blankets.

Phantom wings and hidden feather quiver, begging to carry him away from his stressors, the lies and the decisions.

He turns onto his stomach and tries to groan into his pillow and let some of this nervous energy out but it ends up more of a sob.

His muscles hug his bones just a little too hard, begging for sleep while aiding his racing mind in preventing it.

It's stupid, he should be able to handle this somehow.

He'll find a way to be in two places at once, he's Tommyinnit!

That or he'll just spill his secret and be hated for lying for so long for the rest of his life and die alone in his den never having accomplished anything, no big deal!

He rolls back and forth, trying to be as silent as possible until the moonlight shining through his window marks two hours of misery. He tries to get comfortable, to count sheep, to be productive and find a way out or daydream but his body won't let him. His body won't let him get up and go on a flight either.

He sighs, heavy with exhaustion and feeling hopeless when he hears a door creak open. Only one door in the house still creaks, or at least only one door used at least once a day. Ranboo is up too.

He listens to the sound of shuffling, feet forgetting to miss the loudest of the floorboards and the flipping of pages.

Tommy lays in silence for a few more moments listening to the sound of Ranboo's movements over the beating of the drum trapped in his rib cage.

He decides company will help and drags himself out of bed, his door opens without the caution he knows he can use thanks to sneaking out and lets himself step on whatever floorboard takes the least effort as he approaches the kitchen.

Ranboo is sitting on the corner of the couch, reading with tired eyes and tense posture Tommy knows he has even worse if the quick glance in the mirror was accurate.